PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Discus in WA

viper224
Tue Oct 12, 2004, 11:47 PM
Hi all,
I live in Perth, WA and am having trouble finding a local breeder.
Does anyone know any WA Discus breeders?
I want to buy 10-20 small fish at wholesale prices.

Thanks in advance,
Mat.

flukes
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 02:31 AM
Might be better going interstate Mat, because your after a few fish it will make the frieght worth it and you will get better quality at a cheaper price.

Some LFS are asking rediculous prices for C grade quality discus.

SLS and Rod will ship too you over there and you wont be disapointed..

jim
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 03:22 AM
Why don't you try http://www.exoticdiscus.com. They seems perfect to you as you want to by 10-20 small fish in wholesale price.

mtchye
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 04:13 AM
Just to clarify on what flukes said.. SLS = Slippery Little Suckers in Sydney, who import a lot of high quality fish at good prices. I have bought from them and they are great.

Rod Lewis is a big breeder who also imports fish as well as having locally bred ones. I haven't bought from him but from all accounts he is very knowledgeable and has great fish also...

If you contact both of those guys I'm sure you will find something that you want! Just thought you might like a bit more explanation as to who can sell you good discus around here. I'm sure there are others as well but these 2 are the ones whose names come up most often ;)

HTH

ml29
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 05:40 AM
I'll have to agree. SLS have great service and good quality discus. Well worth paying freight.

Mattzilla
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 07:42 AM
can't go wrong with sls or rod lewis....both sell QUALITY discus at very reasonable prices and both ship interstate.

viper224
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys for the ongoing help.

For Jim who mentioned exoticdiscus - they are currently changing ownership and don't have any small fish for sale.

But if you want large fish contact them now - he was selling off his potential breeding stock a few weeks ago at good prices.

viper224
Wed Oct 13, 2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks guys for the ongoing help.

For Jim who mentioned exoticdiscus - they are currently changing ownership and don't have any small fish for sale.

But if you want large fish contact them now - he was selling off his potential breeding stock a few weeks ago at good prices.

sunshinediscus
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 09:16 PM
Hi Viper,

If your after a good number of baby discus at a cheap price i have a lot of these (pic below) growing out and ready for sale very soon. Normally $20 each but for 20 i can do them a bit cheaper. Freight to perth is $55.

Thanks for the testimonials guys :wink:

Rod

www.lewisdiscus.com

mtchye
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 01:09 AM
MMmmm thats a good deal Rod. :) Might have to take you up on some of those too. Let me know if you're doin an order, Viper. :)

Any other smallish, cheapish fish you have atm Rod?

Jonesy
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 01:45 AM
nice pair

flukes
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 02:25 AM
Would stay away from exotic, you have the best right here so use them,.

sunshinediscus
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 06:00 AM
Hi Mitchye,

yeah some others coming up as well, scribble turks and blue turks for the same price. Also some blue diamond x about 6/7 cm, these guys look great for $25. Also pure blue diamond for $30. There are others as well, lots of imports but off course they are a bit more expensive. These rose reds pictured here are 6/7cm and $45 each, there are only 6 left and if you buy the lot i will sell them for the price of 5. All the discus i will send you will be quality pieces, absolutely no starter type discus that are so so quality.

Rod

www.lewisdiscus.com

Jonesy
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 06:46 AM
i would love some pure blue diamond can u pm me your details please very keen..... and a list of what u can get thanks mate

dreamer
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 07:39 AM
hi rod,

do you still have any alenquer x manacaparu you sold to april?

deds

sunshinediscus
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 01:02 PM
Sorry deds, i lost the male manacaparu wild i used to breed those discus quite some time ago. I do have some of the offspring that i use for breeding occasionally and have some now but they are all on hold for others. When there is more available i will post them on my website. www.lewisdiscus.com

Regards Rod

btw Jonesy you have mail.