PDA

View Full Version : what do u think ?

fish_r
Sat May 12, 2007, 02:58 PM
sorry about the poor pics. "algae on the glass"
what do u think of it and what strain is it called, i'm not sure if it's a kind of brown or a red rose ? maybe a cross ?
it's about 9cm...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Brown3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Brown2.jpg

scott bowler
Sat May 12, 2007, 11:09 PM
hi rob things must be getting better down there in the way of fish mate . you have picked up some exilent fish in the last few weeks , to me that is a red rose it has a awesome shape .the eye is good size to the body. colour is very nice love it .after a few days when it settles in its colour will be better . good stuff mate take a pic in a few days and we can see how it is but to me this is a very nice fish. you are doin very well mate i like .

fish_r
Sun May 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
thx for the reply Scott, yeah we seem to be getting some better fish in Adelaide now. and from all the stuff i learned here i seem to be able to p/out better ones too :) probably not as many good quality ones in Adelaide as in N.S.W etc but if u see em u have to get them quick.
the eye is a little bit bigger than the pigeon in the same pick thats the same size, but cause it's still young i hope to feed it up well and beef it up a bit...

the german
Sun May 13, 2007, 12:46 PM
good pick m8,maybe a brown/san merah.

fish_r
Sun May 13, 2007, 03:02 PM
thx Michael, will post a cpl more pics in a cpl of days when it's more settled in. it's eating well already too...

discus lover01
Fri May 18, 2007, 11:54 AM
hi mate it's not a red rose it's a cross of of red rose x maybe virgin red r brown or san merah but it's not a pure strain of discus but nice

fish_r
Fri May 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
after seeing ivo's red rose, i know it's not a red rose :wink: dont spose i'll ever know what it's crossed with ? but i still like it. will try get more pics tomorrow as it's settled in a bit better now and the stress bars have faded a bit now and looks a bit better imo :)