PDA

View Full Version : After 10 days new fish still not eating

Bad Inferno
Mon Oct 11, 2004, 11:38 AM
How long do I have to watch my fish NOT eat.....I got a new female 4-5" and placed her in a tank with my male, (both red Turq's) and its been at least 10 days and I have not seen her eat. The male did take 2-3 days to eat however I think he freaked because he was in a gravel bottom then I moved him into a bare bottom tank. Feeding dry foods and frozen discus meal.....The two fish are definitely paired and are the only fish in the tank.

The tank (30") setup is new and I am registering a small amount of Ammonia. Bare bottom with potted plants and (24") sump. I have lowered the flow rate and will descrease the amount of light just in case its too bright (18 watt flouro)

I am leaning towards getting some blood worm even though I vowed never to feed my fish bloodworm again after the last episode of ill health. I would at least like to see her eat for a couple of days then go back and persevere with dry food's.

what do you think...fish still looks in great condition

flukes
Mon Oct 11, 2004, 05:38 PM
If the fish doesnt seem sick, try some epsom salts and rasing the temp.

Normally gets mine going..

Bad Inferno
Tue Oct 12, 2004, 01:12 PM
thanks flukes I'll get some tomorrow....What qty, I have ~100 litre tank..... what about a tablespoon ?

flukes
Tue Oct 12, 2004, 05:27 PM
Start with 2 tablespoons per 40 litres, might need too increase if necessary.

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 01:26 AM
if you feed hikari brand blood worms/brine shrimp you shouldn't have a problem with illness.