PDA

View Full Version : Hows this for a stocking plan?

fiftycal
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 10:56 AM
6x2x2 (180g/680L) with:

11 discus
50 Rummynose
20 Sterbai Cory
6 kuhli loach (to control snails and keep the substrate aerated)
3 plecos (royal whips or BN's)

1x weekly 30% water change (can be increased to 2 but I dont feel good wasting all the water).

Filtration will be a bioball sump and a modified Sacem Marathon 2000 (modified it so theres less/no bypass and more area to put filter media).

Can I add more sterbai or kuhlis or discus? :D

scott bowler
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 11:02 AM
that sound s awesome fifty so when is this magical tank going to arrive mate . the fish have allready paired up and bread hehe , it sound good mate i think the amount of fish will be fine , i dont think you need more at the moment but after all the other rubbish starts to die lol you can buy more discus hehe good stuff mate

fiftycal
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hahaha you love discus too much lol. I gotta get rummys and corys for my mum lol. Might ditch the rummys completely though

It damn well bloody arrive soon! Gonna get the cabinet from him and if he doesnt deliver the tank by 1 week, ill cancel it.

ILLUSN
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
nice stocking plan, Kuhli's only eat the smallest snails, i find them useless for snail controle, other then that sounds great, might steal some of your ideas for my new 6x2x2

fiftycal
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:11 PM
Apparently they eat the snail eggs, so they dont reproduce. Their main purpose is to stir the substrate up anyway, im worried about those anaerobic zones.

Sterbai's look cool in decent sized schools. Im very tempted to ditch the rummys and get 30 or 40 sterbais, although you could buy some nice discus for the same price!

ILLUSN
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:14 PM
"Sterbai's look cool in decent sized schools"

I'll pay that, Gorgeous fish. I think I'd personally prefer 5-6 blue diamonds for the price.

scott bowler
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:55 PM
fifty dont worry about them mate come down to xtreme with me next week and i will help you put some thing better in the tank hehe