PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best food for royal whiptails

ILLUSN
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 07:01 AM
Hi all i've had some royal whiptails (Sturisoma festivum?) for while now and while they're growing theydont seem to thriving. i've been wondering whats the best food for them? i've been feeding spirolina flake (they eat it once it sinks) hikari algae wafers, aquarian algae wafers, and tetrabits (also they seem to pick at it once it sinks). whats does everyone else feed?
thanks Jothy

DiscusEden
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 01:03 PM
Hey Jothy,

Mine keep breeding profusely.

I feed all of the above & they leave it to the peps & chow down on the posquana discus dinner instead.

Oh, and they love a bit of brine shrimp.

They did love froz bloodworms, but I've stopped feeding that after some illness in the tank (not them).

Their last lot hatched Monday. And I have a 4cm baby in the tank - no idea what it's been eating, 'cos I only ever see it hanging on the walls.

I don't know if this diet is good for them long term, but there's not a lot I can do about it in the community tank, 'cos they fight the discus & rams off the food now.

HTH

ILLUSN
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks DE, i guess they like the higher protein foods will start adding some discus dinner and brineshrimp to their diet

ILLUSN
Wed Aug 22, 2007, 10:34 AM
just an update, Thanks DE for the advice, the royals are thriving and the common whiptails have just laid eggs on the glass. NFI what i'm goin to do next, also got a spawn from my pearlscale/pigion and my blue diamond pair in the same tank, so I'm not too keen on Shoving my hands in and removing the eggs.