PDA

View Full Version : Formula Two

luisprado
Thu Oct 07, 2004, 06:24 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm new but I've owned Discus for 2 month now. I have 75 US gallon tank with 1 snakeskin, 1 red turq, 1 cobalt blue 1 red marlboro and 1 leopard snakeskin. I just recently purchased a bottle of food called Formula two made by a company called ocean nutrition. It is a flake food and is supposedly good for coloration and nutrition. I was hoping somebody here could tell me if these food is any good for my Discus. Here is the info on the front:

"Extra Algae with fresh seafood's make this a gourmet natural food for herbivorous marine and freshwater fishes. Developed by Aquaculture Biologists, this formula is excellent for Surgeonfish, Angelfish, Butterfly-fish, African Cichlids, Plecostomus and other algae eaters"

Here is the info on the back and the ingredients:

"A fresh seafood mix including (salmon fillets, Euphausia pacifica plankton, squid, salmon eggs and.or salmon egg oil, Euphausia superba plankton and/or krill hydrolysate, marine algae, sea clams, kelp, herring, adult brine shrimp, and brine shrimp nauplii), Spirulina, MPAX™ (Marine Protein Amino eXtract: fish meals, hydrolysate, and select amino acids (arginine, histidine, isoeucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine), wheat flower, egg, lecithin, magnesium sulfate, vitamin premix (ascorbic acid, stabilized vitamin C, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, d-pantothenic acid, riboflavin, niacin, menadione, folacin, cholecalciferol, biotin, thiamin, retinol, pyridoxine, and cyanocobalamin), carotenoid pigments (canthaxanthin and/or astaxanthin), artificial color, and preservative (ethoxyquin)."

Please let me know what you guys think cause I wouldn't want to hurt my discus in any way.

Thanks

Proteus
Thu Oct 07, 2004, 09:32 PM
Welcome to DF.com luisprado,

From the ingredients listed it sounds fine, actually quite good... does it say where the product was produced (out of curiousity).

So long as the fish eat it, that is the main thing, and dont forget you should give your Discus a varied diet.