PDA

View Full Version : Ap Borelli

eykw
Wed Apr 18, 2007, 02:07 PM
walked into a LFS the other day and bumped into some Ap. Borelli. they looked gorgeous. reasonably priced. went home and did some homework on the fish, then realised the fish on the net looks similar but with different from what's in the LFS. the pics' much much more colorful and with much bigger dorsal fin. the guy at the LFS couldnt tell me whether he's got a pair in his store. (the thing is they all look similar but different, in terms of color and fin size) i am new to dwarf cichlid and was wondering if the difference was due to fish quality, or were they just juvi? has anyone kept them before? any advise? many thanks.

Th0mas
Wed Apr 18, 2007, 08:53 PM
How big are the borelli you saw in the LFS?

Any descriptions on their colour?

The borelli comes in many variants, so it may not match exactly to the pics you found in the net (can you provide a reference/URL?).

If they're still small, it is likely to be juvenile and hasn't developed their full colour/fins.

They are relatively easy to keep, pH 6.5 (not too tolerating to low pH). Very peaceful. The female is usually quite heavy in yellow while the males has more blue on the body with larger fins.

eykw
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks Th0mas. they are about 3-4 cm with some green/blue patterns on their heads. but i ve had a better look in the tank recently and noted white spots on the blue rams sold in the same tank... it's probably a sign *hahaha* i actually walked away without making the purchase! but thanks for the info! :wink: