PDA

View Full Version : Silver Pigeon Blood

helenuk
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 07:37 AM
Hi this is our Silver Pigeon Blood. He is fully grown at around 8 to 9 ins. He is a true beauty as far as we our concerned and he won us a cup at Hayling Island last year. Please let us know your thoughts on him. :wink:

Sorry this was the best picture i could find of him for now.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/tessa38uk/discus/100_2269.jpg

Erk
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
That is a very beautiful fish! He looks very big and healthy, not much peppering, nice eye....I just got one of those over the weekend, I hope he gets to be big and purrty, like yours! :D

helenuk
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 06:04 PM
He is a beauty. I am sure he will grow big and purrty like Mr Big. He looks kinda like he has the snakeskin markings rather than the Pigeon Bloods though?

Erk
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah that could be, Im not too experienced at all with these wonderful fish, but he was sold to me as a Silver Pigeon Blood, and he definetly has some peppering going on....it will be interesting to see how he looks in a few weeks...after a heavy dosing of beefheart! lol :D I would be ok with snakeskin markings too

Your's is very very nice looking tho!

helenuk
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 09:42 PM
Does he have any stress bars at all? Snakeskins have the stress bars were as the Pigeon Blood's have the peppering when they are stressed out. He could well be a mix of both :wink:

Erk
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
No helenuk I dont believe he does have any stress bars, just peppering.....guess it should be all the more interesting to watch him grow! :D My Yellow Red Ribbon gets peppering and a tiny bit of stress bars, and I purchased him hoping there was NO peppering happening, but oh well, I like him all the same

Thanks, and your guy is wonderful looking....Mr Big? You like sex and the city?? hahaha

scott bowler
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
you have a very nice fish there helen ,the shape is good , the eye looks good . the only thing that i dont like about it is the tapering of the fins .they should nt have trails , but i to have fish with it cant stop it from growing there hehe , other then that nice fish and good colour well done scott

helenuk
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
How strange Scot i always thought the males grow the trail bit on their fins once fully grown lol I have a blue Diamond also that has trails who is fully grown :wink: Well you learn something new every day in this hobby don't you lol :wink:

scott bowler
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:23 PM
hehe yes im only going of fish that are in some shows in Asia they try to avoid the trail i think it looks smart on some fish hehe
here is one of my fish that has it sorry not the best pic of the fin but you can just make it out

helenuk
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
He is an excellent looking fish and looks very similar to Mr Big :wink: