PDA

View Full Version : scraps

martraci
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 02:56 AM
currently running heavy feeding regimes (and water changes) in a 250L
looking for tankmates that will clean fine food particles (mainly b/h).
the rummys' do any excellent job but the cardinals..their all spaced out (in the head & water) :P

fish_r
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 07:52 AM
cory's do a good job

martraci
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 08:25 AM
looking for something smaller with minimum pooping

DiscusEden
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 09:23 AM
Don't know much that comes smaller than cardinals or rummynoses. If you're willing to go bigger, my emperor tetras are always hanging around the feeding area picking up little scraps, or the whiptails compete for it once it gets to the ground.

What kind of smaller did you have in mind?

scott bowler
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 12:34 AM
maybe try some big snails not the little ones but apple snails. they get rid of some the of the wastie and they look good

martraci
Sun Apr 08, 2007, 12:58 PM
are emperors fiesty? had 4 congos in the tank and they became very agressive, now only have 2 and theyve become alot more settled
thank you all so far

DiscusEden
Sun Apr 08, 2007, 01:05 PM
I've had a few of them for a while now, and the worst I've seen is them displaying to one another. The reading I've done is consistant with this - they have mock battles or displays among the males at spawning, but never come to blows.

They don't display to or bother with other species.

I'm talking about the true emperor - the one with the line down the centre of the body that goes through the tail.

One of the other "emperor" tetras that does not have the line continue through the tail can be fiestier.

Robdog did a post on emperors awhile ago.

I'm very fond of my emperors & would highly recommend them.

HTH