PDA

View Full Version : Problems with some new discus.

rudij
Wed Apr 04, 2007, 02:16 PM
Carry over from this noob thread...
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12002

The Reds.... I believe they are Red Melons were purchased from the same store as my other discus's this past friday March 30th.

Well I used water from the 125 to setup a 20 tall for the two Reds. One of them started eating last night before I moved him but wanted to give him the best chance I can at getting the food he needs. The other wasn't looking good at all so I gave him a Saltwater dip. Shortly after that he passed a white blob. He is swimming around well but still hasn't done more swim past the food.

rudij
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 01:33 PM
Any suggestions or Ideas? these little guys havn't eaten that I know of since last friday. The one who picked at food the other night didn't appear to last night.

Rudi

mistakes r crucial
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 08:13 PM
If youve got access to live Brine Shrimp try those. If not get hold of some live Black worms, they can cause fluke issues but it would be better dealing with them than lose fish to starvation.
MAC

rudij
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 08:21 PM
Sadly i don't have access locally to live anything. I put some guppies in with them and they have bred. hoping maybe they will eat a baby or two.

scott bowler
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 11:58 PM
can you get some mozi larver , they some times works too i would try them

rudij
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 02:39 AM
Um not sure what Mozi Larver is.....

Rudi

the german
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 02:58 AM
mosquito larve,out of some water around the house,here there are everywhere :?

rudij
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 04:25 AM
ahhh ok wasn't sure... saddly its to cold yet for them..... We had snow the other day and it was 20 degrees when i went to work this morning.

rudi

the german
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 04:46 AM
20+or -?
or is that farenheit?

i know that problem from back in germany but here in australia i have unlimited acces to ML its never to cold what can be a pain in the ....
this mosies can be very bad they love me and some nights get up to 30 bites :?

rudij
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 12:07 PM
Ahhh sorry Farenheit here.... I know i know damn us non conforming Americans :)

rudij
Sun Apr 08, 2007, 03:10 PM
Ok so over the past couple of days they have started passing smallish white blobs. Not segmented..starts out as a bulbus thing that stretches out a little sometimes its an inch or so long and sometimes less. Cant get a clear picture or I would post as one is passing something now. Any ideas? They are currently in 85 degree water with a slight Salt content. ~1tbs in 10g of water.

Rudi

DiscusEden
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 04:13 AM
Sounds like worms. Or a stomach irritation.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge & experience can guide you better, but do you have access to Octozin?

Good luck!

samir
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 05:10 AM
get some metronidazole from your lfs and treat them with that

DiscusEden
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 05:56 AM
Or what he said.

Thanks Samir!

rudij
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 12:41 PM
Whats the recommended dosage when adding to the water? Dosage for food soaking would be useful also.

Thanks for your help!!

Rudi