PDA

View Full Version : Metro.

flukes
Sun Oct 03, 2004, 01:49 PM
Thought i would put this in here as its more of an inquiry.

Just wondering if anyone has some metro tablets in melbourne they would like too sell. Ive been to many vets but have been declined. (Must look a bit rough round the edges).

If anyone has any it would be great if they could help me out, i dont mind paying a little more for them.

Dee
Mon Oct 04, 2004, 04:37 PM
G'day Flukes,

How much metro are you after mate ?

Cheers

Dee

flukes
Mon Oct 04, 2004, 04:42 PM
As much as your willing too part with!!!

Dee
Mon Oct 04, 2004, 04:57 PM
Hi Flukes,

I havnt got a great deal left of the metro, im in my 2nd day of dosing a 450L tank. I should most proberly hold on to what i have left.

I went to my vet with printed posts from DF.com which stated symptons etc for Hex, aswell as stating to treat with Metro. I also took some vid of the infected fish. My vet did seem a little hesitant at first, but once i spoke to her and showed her the info i had gatherd there was no problem.

Metro is very cheap, it was under $20 to get the amount needed to treat a 450L tank.

Anyway if it's an emergency ill see what i have left after tomorrows 3rd day of treatment.

HTH Flukes :)

Cheers

Dee

flukes
Mon Oct 04, 2004, 05:03 PM
Sorry mate where abouts in melbourne are you??

Dee
Mon Oct 04, 2004, 05:22 PM
East St Kilda

flukes
Mon Oct 04, 2004, 05:29 PM
Cool, well if you have some left and you want too sell it, i would be more than happy.

nicholas76
Tue Oct 05, 2004, 06:17 AM
i had same problem but eventually found a local vet that understood the issues at hand.

its cheap scott , dont pay more than about one - two dollars a tablet, when you find it

Nick

flukes
Sat Oct 09, 2004, 05:53 AM
Well i got my Mrs too go try....no luck..

So today i got my mum to come with me, anyway went to the first one. She wasnt going too do it, then she went and spoke too the vet. She said 2 pills was all she could give me. I paid $9.70 for 2 pills......argggghhh...

On the way home, we stopped past another. I was explaining too the girl on the desk, out of luck the Vet was in the next room listening. He knew what Heximita was as he kept tropicals himself. I said i need about 9mg/l, it was a 200ltr tank, so i would need 1800mg = 9tablets..per treatment.

He was reading some book that recommended alot more!! He worked out that i would need 20tablets per treatment. I kept my mouth shut...

So anyway he gave me 60 pills, ie 3 days treatment and water changes, all this for $27.50 less than 50cents a pill!!

So ive started treatment at 8mg/l, i know its a bit strong but most of the fish have it and i want to get rid of it for good.

So all works out well, i should have enough for another 3 days treatment if i need it down the track..!!

dreamer
Sat Oct 09, 2004, 09:05 AM
what i did was visit a gp in chinatown with a discus book and show him why i need flagyl ... he did give me a strange look :shock: but nonetheless, i get the prescription from him 8) 200mg/tab cost me around ~$9 for 20 tabs