PDA

View Full Version : urgent eye problem

sw_eclipse
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 02:19 PM
One of my discus and two of my congo tetras have a white film with bubbles over their corneas. My congo tetras dont seem to be too bothered with it, but my discus is black and setting at the bottom of the tank on his side. This is my second day of treatment with Myracyn but Im not sure this is what they need. Has anyone experienced this, what do I do? Someone at the pet store I recently bought one of my discus from (not the affected one) is having the same problem, he dosnt know what it is but he mentioned something about them feeding live worms and the eggs possibly getting in their eyes. I feed my fish all frozen, but when I added the new discus some water from a tank that was fed live worms was added as well.

Merrilyn
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 04:47 AM
A drop in pH can sometimes do that to they eyes of fish. The other thing is a high ammonia reading.

First thing is to check your water, and post the pH, ammonia, Nitrite and nitrate readings.

The discus turning dark and laying on the bottom of the tank is a real concern.

Give me the readings as soon as you can, and that will give me a bit more to work with.

I also need to know how long ago you bought these fish, and when the trouble started. Are they the only fish in the tank, if not, what are the other tankmates?