PDA

View Full Version : problems logging in again :(

fish_r
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 07:47 AM
having problems logging in again :(
i had the same problem a while ago and was told it was because someone was logged in with the same IP address, but is happening a lot now and getting very frustrating, my ISP uses proxies and thinking it must be another Internode user ?
is there a way to fix this ? i couldnt get my fix b4 work this morning and it ruined my day :( :lol: :P J/K
i tried connecting with a proxie address but no luck either ?

Proteus
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 08:37 AM
Have you tried deleting and DF cookies in your temp internet cache?

fish_r
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 10:10 AM
yep tried that.
it seems that it's only when someone else is online ?
whoever has the same IP maybe ?
cause if i leave it a while i can then log on on again...

Proteus
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 10:47 AM
Based on your current IP you are the only one to have used that one???

I will look into it some more

fish_r
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 11:01 AM
thx Pro :)
has been alright for the last cpl of hrs ?
but when i first logged on tonight was ok then went to log on a little while later and couldnt ? but has been ok for the last few times tonight.
no biggy m8, i know ur a buisy man :wink:

DiscusEden
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm hoping it's not an internode thing, 'cos I'm with them too, and not having that problem.

I hope it's not me logging you off?

fish_r
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 01:26 PM
lol remember i know where u live if it is and might just have to cut ur phone line, "only joking" :lol:
isnt it always the way, been having a problem for a few days now and as soon as i mention it here all is good again :roll:

DiscusEden
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yep. Just wait 'till you say it's all good & it'll start again.

Oh, and if my phone line gets cut, guess whose is next? (Only joking too) Lol

On a slightly more helpful note, I had problems which may have been similar (twice), where the phone that goes through the modem gave a funny dial tone, wouldn't ring in & the computer wouldn't log on consistantly. Both times it was a software problem with the exchange that Telstra fixed by phone - after some jumping up & down on my part.

Do you have the same issues with other websites, or only this one?

fish_r
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 02:00 PM
it's only on this site DE ? i'm on ADSL2+ so my connection is always on and i dont turn my modem off at all so it's not a connection thing.
it's like when someone else is logged in i cant ? strange?
and when they go off i can.
i did think about staying logged in here, but wouldn't be real fair if someone else is having the same problem as me :( so will just put up with it. no biggy :)