PDA

View Full Version : 10th try at perant raised

DiscusMad
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
Well I thought to let the pair have a go at raising them cause I'm out of room the last lot were eaten but this is there 10th try and I have wigglers today fingers crossed that they will raise them instead of eating them LOL :roll:

DiscusMad
Wed Mar 21, 2007, 02:17 PM
fingers crossed for the wigglers they go free swimming today some time hope mum and dad will not eat them!

DiscusMad
Sat Mar 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
well saturday the fry are free swimmers but mum and dad will only let them go only a few centermeaters away from the spawning pole LOL

so good they haven't eatern them yet

DiscusMad
Sun Mar 25, 2007, 08:36 AM
still have the babies with mum and dad but I have no idea when they are going to let there babies swim around :roll:

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 03:55 AM
The parents are doing everything right DM. They don't let them get far away for a long time. Are you feeding them now, you should have some live brine shrimp hatching (you can use frozen baby brine shrimp, but it's not quite as good).

Feed them several times a day by squirting the brine shrimp into the school. The dad will probably attack anything you put in the water, but that's cool, he won't hurt himself. After a few days they get used to you feeding their babies, and allow it to happen without too much fuss.

After a week of live baby brine feeding, you can add some finely crushed flake for the fry. Don't forget to feed mum and dad well during this time. We don't want them hungry, and decide to snack on their fry.

Good luck, you're doing great.

DiscusMad
Tue Mar 27, 2007, 12:30 AM
I have been feeding them micro worms and mum and dad I have been feeding them a little bit less than normal

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 27, 2007, 02:36 AM
Micro worms are a great first food, but after a week, they need something with a bit more substance. That's when the baby brine shrimp is good.

DiscusMad
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 01:35 PM
they ate the babies when they started to free swim but now they are on there 11th try :roll: but they have free swimers now so fingers crossed for this lot LOL

scott bowler
Thu Apr 05, 2007, 11:23 PM
well keep trying DM i let my fry with the parents ,hehe they did eat some of the fry and some have died but i have about 50 or so left and they seem to be going well

eykw
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 08:37 AM
i had a patch hatched a week ago, left them in the tank with parents till yesterday (day7 free swimming). I really enjoy watching the parents swimming with the babies. I ve noted that the parents will eat the fry when i am slack with the water quality... not sure if this make sense. this time I fed them with live baby brine shrimp and has made all the difference!!! I used to get around 20 out of 200-300 (used to feed them rotifer and frozen baby brine shrimp, it's cheaper and easier). but this time i got more than 150 strong babies swimming around with live BBS. and everyone is doing fine. I've added a little albino BN to clean the bottom and keep the babies swimming (apparently the normal BN will eat the fry only albino is good with angel fry). this works really well. I'm now into hatching my own BBS... always learning n having so much fun!!!

DiscusMad
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 12:55 PM
they have eaten most of the free swimers today :( Next batch is going to be mine then they can try again.

DiscusEden
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear that DM - they seemed to be doing so well!

DiscusMad
Sat Apr 07, 2007, 02:20 PM
try try and try again LOL

eykw
Sun Apr 08, 2007, 02:20 PM
i am so sorry to hear that DM. all the best for your next patch!

DiscusMad
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 03:48 AM
I'm going to take the next 2 batches and then give them another few trys

eykw
Mon Apr 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
hey DM how are your angels doing? any update?

DiscusMad
Mon Apr 30, 2007, 08:49 PM
15th try and they have had the free swimers for 10 days

scott bowler
Tue May 01, 2007, 12:22 PM
hehe well done DM hope they go well for you mate

DiscusMad
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:16 PM
they had alot of wigglers but ended up with only 14 swimmers lol 8-)

XPLOSV
Mon May 07, 2007, 03:59 PM
don't worry next batch should have alot more,

at the moment I cant stop them from spawning, so i just leave them with the babies.

DiscusMad
Mon May 07, 2007, 09:43 PM
they still have there 14 babies:)