PDA

View Full Version : Just learnt a valuable lesson.

chrissyoscar
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 07:47 AM
I only had one fish in my tank and that was a Butterfly Kleini. I was warned by Ben it might be trouble but thought it was worth a try.
Yesterday i noticed he took a liking to my new elegance coral i got the day before. In that time he's torn it apart and it's now half the size it was.
I had to take my tank apart just to get the little son of a *$&#. Finally got him and took him to the LFS. I learnt a valuable lesson, make sure your fish are reef freindly and compatible with each other. If not getting them out will be a nightmare as there are so many hiding spots and I swear this butterfly was the smartest fish i've ever had. The sec the net went anywhere near the tank he took of and hid.
Bright side is that I couldn't figure out how I had the tank arranged originally so had to do it all again. I think it looks nicer now well I think so and nobody is going to tell me otherwise ok :evil:

nicholas76
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 10:49 AM
It actually looks much nice mate!! thumbs up!

get some ananomies and you will have teh same problem , especially if they take a likeing to a hidey spot out of few.

Xtreme
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 01:40 PM
Your LFS should have told you that most Butterflies and Angels nibble on corals.
Keep your chin up! :)

Hail2Pitt02
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 01:56 PM
It's impossible to become a good fish keeper without making mistakes every now and again. Sorry about the problems but you live and learn.

chrissyoscar
Fri Mar 16, 2007, 07:35 PM
No real harm done, next time i'll listen when given advise. The tank looks better now so that's a possitive.
Hopefully my elegance will come back, if not I'll purchase another one as they are quite attractive.