PDA

View Full Version : First time breeder after advice

aza
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 09:07 AM
hey every one my pairs spawned and the babies have taken to the sides of the parent i am looking for some advice as what to do next as im new to breeding and want to let the parents raise the babies as i work 5-6 days a week so i dont have the time to raise them artifically raise them so any help would be appreciated

Merrilyn
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 12:23 PM
Aza that's great news. Now, you need to start hatching some baby brine shrimp to feed to the babies. Start feeding on day 5 or 6 of free swimming. Suck them up in a turkey baster or large eye dropper and gently blow them over the sides of the parents. You should see the babies go after them and their little bellies will become orange as they eat the brine shrimp. Do not over feed. The parents will ignore baby brine shrimp and the leftovers will quickly foul the water. Leave the babies with the parents for 3 weeks before removing them to their own tank. Be careful to use water from the parents tank to fill the new tank, at least 2/3 and top off with 1/3 clean aged water. Fry need their water changed daily. In fact I change 60% twice a day. You can now begin to feed them on a very fine beef heart mix along with the baby brine. Soon you can add very fine prepared food as well till they are on a balanced diet, of beef heart, blood worms, mysis shrimp and crushed flake or granulated food. Good Luck. HTH

aza
Thu Nov 11, 2004, 10:43 AM
Well there about six weeks old now and all growing well got about 80 off the pair so really stoked eating Brine and blood worm like its goion out of fashion making some more beef heart on the week end so ill start them on that .

nicholas76
Thu Nov 11, 2004, 01:22 PM
excellent aza

please post some pics of mum and dad or the fry when you can

congratulations once again.