PDA

View Full Version : Percula Clowns

Ben
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 06:15 AM
My newly acquired clown pair. They are just sooooo cute! :D

samir
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 06:25 AM
:shock: :shock:
is there a way I could be banned from this topic area ??? the last thing I need right now is a whole bunch of saltwater tanks :shock:

Ben
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 06:54 AM
LOL Samir!

I also have a pair of rare blue stripe clowns, but they are very shy and its hard getting a photo of them.

scott bowler
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 07:06 AM
samir stop now it has gone to far hehe

samir
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 07:11 AM
I also have a pair of rare blue stripe clowns, but they are very shy and its hard getting a photo of them.

i've seen pictures of them before, they are beautiful fish,
maybe I'll get just one of those small red sea tanks

DiscusEden
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 10:21 AM
My newly acquired clown pair. They are just sooooo cute! :D

Oh yes they are!!! :lol:

And the guys are right, you're not helping, neither are the red sea tanks, but it has to be done at some stage. :?

I'd love to see some pics of the blue striped ones, can you keep trying Ben please? :D

Ben
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 10:34 AM
This is a terrible photo and does not not thier true colours!

ivo
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
ben, they are very cute fish. i tried to keep marine before but one day they all died within 24 hrs. i had an asfur angel there i loved it but they seem to be infected kept rubbing themselves non stop and all died in the same day. since then i back off from salt water.

mcloughlin2
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
They look like false percula's to me Ben. :?

Gorgeous fish none the less.

Ben
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
I also have a pair of Ocellaris clowns, there are a few small differences but the top pics are Perc's.

nicholas76
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 10:05 PM
aah Love your clowns Ben.

They have brilliant personality and are amazing to watch.

dreamer
Sun Mar 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
black marking on true percs should be easy to differentiate from ocellaris and the top pic looks like ocellaris

Robdog
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 08:52 PM
I hope it is an Ocellaris that is hosting in that BTA. That would mean there is hope for mine :roll:

Did your guys host in the anem straight away Ben?

mcloughlin2
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 09:05 PM
I hope it is an Ocellaris that is hosting in that BTA. That would mean there is hope for mine :roll:

Did your guys host in the anem straight away Ben?

Rob,

They take a few days before they even touch the anemone sometimes. So don't stress if they are not in it alot if they are only new.

Robdog
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 09:28 PM
Well the anemone was introduced last week and the clowns have been in there for 3 weeks. They don't even know it exists! :lol:

samir
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 10:44 PM
You too Rob. Thats it I'm getting one as well :shock:

nicholas76
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 11:27 PM
aaah not another salty.

hmmmmmm what does a small jebo go for these days?

samir
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 11:30 PM
there's a little resun tank around for saltwater

Robdog
Tue Mar 13, 2007, 02:02 AM
You too Rob. Thats it I'm getting one as well :shock:

Mate I'm in deep! :lol: I haven't quite "Deester-ed" my RedSeaMax yet but I'm working on it! :wink:

samir
Tue Mar 13, 2007, 03:20 AM
i saw one of the RSMs (henceforth RSM = Red Sea Max) at Xtreme and it looked very cool. maybe i need one for a clown pair, and just maybe, another for some other fish i liked, or maybe all in one 4 X 2 :?
Ah to be able to see all those nice bright colours, without drugs, is very tempting :lol: :lol:

Palpatine
Tue Mar 13, 2007, 04:31 AM
Xtrene have one set up, as do majestic just up the road. They are a very neat little unit and as long as the ASA sale holds out I'll be getting one soon.

Xtreme, if you're listening, what do you think of the chiller you're currently running on your RSM, and how is it at holding the temp?

Also, what are you using the eheim HOB filter on it for?

Dee
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 06:46 AM
I haven't quite "Deester-ed" my RedSeaMax yet but I'm working on it! :wink:

LOL ... straight from the school of hard n fast marines hehe .. go rob !!!! I learn't from the true hard n fast master ;) I actually stepped up my hard n fast ethic this week and got myself a little pressie ... I'll let ya know on MSN when I next chat to ya ... too scared i'll get flamed in public LOL.

Give ya occy's time mate with the nem, they should take to it soon *fingers crossed* all the best mate !

Cgeers,

Dee