PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond

kaiser72
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 12:25 PM
some remarks please!

samir
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 12:28 PM
body is too long and bar in the tail is not at all desirable. nice red eye :shock:
wish my BD's had that kind of eye

the german
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 12:35 PM
yeah funny bar that,very nice red eye but a little back in growth

ivo
Wed Mar 07, 2007, 11:24 PM
i say it is more an ocean green than blue diamond.

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 06:55 AM
Still a young fish. The body shape will fill out as the fish grows, and you'll get a rounder appearance.

The red eye is very desirable. The stripe on the caudal not so desirable, but it can be bred out.

Are you feeding him Tetra Bits? if so stop, because it's turning the pectoral fins yellow.

kaiser72
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:07 AM
yes i do feed tetra bits, only because i was reccomended them for the high protein content. as soon as the container is gone i shall heed your advice. what is a good quality substitute for tetra bits? keeping in mind i feed bloodworm, beefheart mix, froze & live brine shrimp, spirulina algae disks & live mozzie wrigglers.

Cheers,
Troy

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah, they're great for red base fish, not so good for blue diamonds or white fish.

You're feeding an excellent diet already, with lots of protein, so you don't really need a dry food, but if you want to use one, I'd go for the flake or pellet Breeder's Blend. It's available from several of our online stores. Check out Aquarium Supplies Australia or Age of Aquariums.

Stevepet23
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 07:44 AM
Sorry for jumping in here but what is that "bar" as one of my BD sometimes has one. Sometimes its long & other times I can hardly see it?

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 12:04 PM
Blue diamonds are not supposed to have any visible bars at all. The presence of a bar near the tail means it's not an A grade fish.

Stevepet23
Sun Mar 11, 2007, 11:56 PM
Why does it completly dissapear (sometimes) on one of mine?

nicholas76
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 01:30 AM
Why does it completly dissapear (sometimes) on one of mine?

stress or mood indicator.

again it also reflects the genetic make up of the fish. Not a pure blue D ,.

Stevepet23
Mon Mar 12, 2007, 03:03 AM
Thanks!