PDA

View Full Version : Question? Live Rock

benanddebbie
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hi guys...need some help. We have been looking at starting marine tank.

Just wondering how do you transport Live Rock? Interested in getting something shipped to us from Sydney but not sure how it is packaged or would survive.

Thnaks in advance

Nathan
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 11:38 AM
i got some sent from queensland, they usually send it about 18-20kg boxes, they get the rock put some wet newspaper in a big bag, with a bit of water, neatly put the rock in an then seal it up then send it overnight on a plane.

It will survive, you may find some dead parts on the rock, theyl look a bit white, just pull it off with tweezers an before you know it youl have more coraline algea replacing it.

Ben
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 12:08 PM
Nathan is spot on, basically you want the LR out of water in the minimal amount of time.

Robdog
Sun Mar 04, 2007, 06:40 AM
I'd say it would be better to get it straight from Cairns rather than have it go via Sydney. That just means extra time out of the water and more die off. Just get it sent to your local airport

Tryhard
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 12:30 AM
You can also get it direct from WA.

shewey
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 01:38 AM
I heard in WA there is currently a live rock collecting ban...even for the licensed collectors. Not sure if that is true or not.

Tryhard
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 01:46 AM
I recieved some two weeks ago - they said they were still collecting but they also might have had it in curing tanks ready to be sent.