PDA

View Full Version : Baby Kribs

Flip03
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 11:38 AM
Just wondering what I feed baby Kribs?

They are in a 2ft tank with mum and dad, and its there first spawn! Is this ok??

Thanks

Th0mas
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:06 PM
Any other fish in the same tank with them?

Krib are usually good parent, just feed the parent normally and the fry should be able to nibble the left over (do not feed extra, especially when the fry isn't free swimmer yet). Nothing specific is required unless you want to push their growth (and risk fouling the water).

Put a sponge over the inlet of the filter (in case if you're running a power filter).

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:24 PM
You can squirt a few baby brine shrimp into the middle of the spawn. You should see the little guys racing for the shrimp, As they consume the shrimp, their bellies will turn orange.

Do that several times a day, and you should see a good growth rate on the fry. After a week of baby brine shrimp feeding, you can begin to add finely crushed or ground flake food. Again, mix it with water and suck it up in a syringe or eye dropper, and squirt it into the middle of the group of fry.

After a few weeks, remove them from the parents and raise them in a tank on their own for maximum growth and survival rates.

TW
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 11:20 AM
I fed my krib fry with BBS while they were tiny. They are nearly 5 months now & eat spectrum grow.

Good luck with yours

TW
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 11:21 AM
I fed my krib fry with BBS while they were tiny. They are nearly 5 months now & eat spectrum grow.

Good luck with yours