PDA

View Full Version : OK, snail control, what's next?

FishLover
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 05:20 PM
I added the yoyos and it did not work out because they are picking on my other fish. I have to take them out. Word of advise, if you have cories, never get yoyos. They will pick out the eyes of cories. Trust me on this one!

Any other options? Any safer loach than yoyo? I know clowns are kind of too active for the discus.

The tank is a 125 g with 11 discus and few cories.

ILLUSN
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 11:31 PM
Dearf loaches are a much betteer choice Botia sidthimunki, smaller and much more timid then yoyo's max size 7cm

DiscusEden
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 05:20 AM
Sorry to hear about the problems with your mean loaches and the poor little cories! :cry:

[quote="FishLover"] I know clowns are kind of too active for the discus.[quote]

I've read differing opinions on this, but a lot of people seem to find they're OK. Might be worth resorting to?

Good luck!

samir
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 06:25 AM
aquamaster snail rid will get rid of them, contains copper sulphate but should not be used in soft water.
i remember the first time i got 4 of them with some plants and they became my pet snails :roll: then they multiplied.

Pauluk
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 05:53 PM
Yoyos are nasty, I had some and they ripped one my fish to bits.
A good alternative to anything copper based if you want to kill the snails is flubenol15, This will kill all the snails if dosed weekly for about 4 weeks, check on google or ebay for it.
And yep you can import it in the states

FishLover
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys/gals for the help. I think I'm going to take the yoyo out. If I can catch it!

BTW, I think Botia sidthimunki is listed as endangured. Not sure if I can buy them in the states or not.

I will give flubenol15 a try.

FishLover
Sat Mar 03, 2007, 12:27 AM
Got him!

I took out the driftwood, then lower the water level to catch him.

My discus are kind of spooked now. I assume they will be fine tomorrow.