PDA

View Full Version : My C121 had babies...

k0b0i
Tue Feb 27, 2007, 10:45 PM
but unfortunately they are not with me :(

he he let me enlighten you with a funny story.

I recently (bout a month ago) sold a trio of my L104's. Along with it went a bunch of java moss and some plants and it was goodbye and take care yada yada yada.

1 week later i get a phone call. "The 104's had babies! Your a daddy!" Much to my excitment (and dissapointment) i was pleased that some fish of mine did breed. So i asked my friend to take progressive photos as they grow and document etc.

He counted 1..2..3.! 2 weeks later he noticed a further 2! so it was a total of 5.. all very exciting.. It was about this time that he came over and showed me some photos on his camera. Ofcourse, image quality was poor and i couldn't really make out anything.

About two more weeks after that he called me again. Gave me an update on the fish and said "i didn't know all catfish looked so similar".. so i was like... what do you mean? "well these 104's look so similar to those corydoras you had" Again i asked him to describe to me what they look like now... and to my amusement he described my C121's. "slight black marking on the face a little bit orange aswell"..

note: this guy does not own any corydoras - hence reason why he was adament these babies were from the L104's

So.. my C121's have been at it! It's just been very difficult for me to tell as they are no longer in their own tank but moved to community. Some eggs had hitch-hiked to another galaxy and survived the ride.

ha ha ha - good for me as my C121 colony is still with me. quite embaressing for my friend.

I will try to get some photos and put them up as soon as i can.

what weird and wonderful things can happen in fish keeping

k0b0i
Tue Feb 27, 2007, 10:46 PM
If you want to see some adult pics of the C121's. There is a post just a little further down.

Or follow the link.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9830

:)

Th0mas
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 12:59 AM
That's really cool.

Maybe time to think about putting them back into their own tank and start to build a colony.

Cheers,
Thomas.

k0b0i
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 01:57 AM
Hey Thom,

How are your lot of everything going? he he

find me a cheap decent setup and i will. he he he i've got a spare 2213 and about 20kg of sand sitting in an eski.

I'm fussy with tanks though.. very picky haha

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 03:29 AM
That's priceless.

Thomas is right, you should move them into their own tank and get a colony going.

They are gorgeous looking corys.

k0b0i
Wed Feb 28, 2007, 04:21 AM
M, (ooh just like Bond)

It is a good colony i have (10) and they were in an independent tank. My hope was to get them breeding but I gave up the tank they were in to a very close friend and moved the corys into the community tank.

I'm in the midst of organizing something so hopefully the Corys will get to start a big family and you can all get access to these beautiful fish.

They are definately my favourite cory ;)

Cuong
Thu Mar 01, 2007, 08:03 AM
Awesome stuff k0b0i!

I definitely agree with your plan to breed and distribute more of these awesome cories (IMHO the best looking ones :lol: ). Hopefully I can do the same too

k0b0i
Fri Mar 09, 2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Schmuck,

Did you get your hands on some C121's aswell?

You'd be the only other person i know who has them if you did.. :)