PDA

View Full Version : My DIY Co2

ashley
Sat Feb 17, 2007, 06:09 AM
Hi Guys,
Ive recently set up my own DIYco2 system and thought you may be interested.

I went to Kmart and grabbed the cheapest submersable filter I could find
It has a small basket inside for carbon and also a small sponge of which I removed both.

The intake has ribbed segments. By breaking one of the ribs it allows you to insert your line from your co2 generator.

The tube will stay in place as it is quite a tight fit. You may want to use a small suction cup on the line close to the filter just to make sure it does stay in place.

The small outlet pipe that comes with this unit is about 10cm long and has around 8 holes along the length of it and a small cap on the end.
It is also moveable to any angle.

I had decommissiond the Aqua 1 trickle filter so I have taken the outlet of and am useing it as a reactor.

By turning the outlet tube verticle you can sit the reactor over it the outlet tube this holds the bubbles in limbo in the water for a greater time and makes the fine bubbles coming out stir around and breakup into smaller bubbles.
I also placed a course piece of sponge in the top of the reactor to prevent the bubbles from escaping out of the top.

Most of the finer bubbles actually escape from the bottom of the reactor but they are very fine and i can see them floating around the tank.

Tell me what you think.

Cheers Ashley

bushie
Sat Feb 17, 2007, 09:52 AM
for diy it looks good mate,

please keep us posted on how things turn out as there are a lot of diy ers out there and any helpful infois good.

thanks

bushie