PDA

View Full Version : Aquapets

hengeli
Fri Feb 09, 2007, 06:20 AM
Hey fellas!!

Theres a new shipment in Bondi, very nice fish and they look very stable and healthy. Heres a quick run down.

Pelv. Matadi
Pelv. Nigeria red
Apisto Agassizi Double red
Apisto Hippolytae
Apisto Baenschi
Apisto Borellii
Apisto Cacatuoides 'Orange flash'

Got the Borellii as I have never had them before, very nice size 1 inch they are. Also saw endlers - many to choose from and females too. There is Cory Weitzmani and Nannostomus Nitidus as well.

Cheers

shaun64326
Sun Feb 11, 2007, 02:37 AM
Do you reckon they will still have some Apistogramma Agassizi in stock next weekend?

Th0mas
Sun Feb 11, 2007, 03:15 AM
Give them a call before you head over just in case - I think you're chance is good.

Thomas.

Noddy65
Sun Feb 11, 2007, 07:13 AM
Did they really have female endlers?
People over here are screaming for them.

Mike

Th0mas
Sun Feb 11, 2007, 09:34 AM
Give me a bit of time, should be able to find out for you by the end of the week.

Thomas.

Robdog
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 06:20 AM
Theres a new shipment in Bondi
Pelv. Matadi
Pelv. Nigeria red
Apisto Agassizi Double red
Apisto Hippolytae
Apisto Baenschi
Apisto Borellii
Apisto Cacatuoides 'Orange flash'

I had a look at these guys today. I have to say I was a little dissappointed.

The P. matadi looked like they had sunken bellies. Not too much but just enough to stand out. The Nigerian reds looked the goods out of the two.
The Aggies were really skinny and plain. Will be much better when they are fed up a bit.
Dicrossus Filamentosus (labeled crenicara) looked quite nice with some nice fat females and some with red ventrals which means they have spawned before.

The tank of Hippo's was quite impressive. They are wild caught and difficult to sex despite their size. And they are big. Some would be nudging 2.5 to 3 inches. Ventral colour would be the best way to sex them but I didn't have much time. According to the Romer atlas these guys are prone to TB and Hex and wild caughts are normally infested with worms and sensitive to meds so buy these guys at your risk I guess. Despite all that I'd still give them a go in an isolated tank with a UV.

Other than them, the baenschi looked like they were being medicated(really blue looking water) and there were a few other dead ones in there (not dead baenschi tho), the borelli were under an inch on my ruler and the cockatoo's were plain and ugly compared to what they have had before.

This post sounds like I'm bagging Aquapets but it is just my opinion and definitely don't have an agenda against them. I think they are a great store and have had some great fish from them that are doing really well to this day. I just think this shipment misses the mark a little.

It's still better than the selection at a previous sponsors store ATM with the exception of their Eunotus.

shaun64326
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 10:51 AM
Did you happen to catch the price of the aggies? and were they sexable?

Robdog
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah easily sexable. Seemed like a good mix of both from memory. Didn't catch the price though sorry. There should be plenty left on the weekend.

Robdog
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
If you are making the trip up from the Gong purely to get some Aggies, my $$$ would go to BNC at Matraville. They have some beautifully coloured Aggies in the first tank you see as you get in the door. They also have some Tefe Redback which look pretty good too. I think Th0mas has some of these from memory.
Check both out. They're not far apart and it's not worth the hour trip up to get crap fish.

Th0mas
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 12:30 AM
Yep, I still got some juveniles Tefe (and more growing out), let me know if interested.

Robdog
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 07:41 AM
Hengeli, any updates on those wild cacs you got from Aquapets???

hengeli
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 11:20 AM
I've got just 1 pair and 1 male from last breeding and they're good size now 2 inches maybe, shape wise they're looking very good, one males a bit boisterous so hard to see them bearing F2 for now. The borellii from Bondi look damn good color and potential wise so hope they make some fry soon.

Robdog
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 01:58 PM
The borellii from Bondi look **** good color and potential wise so hope they make some fry soon.

It looked like some of the males in there were going to end up quite nice but I thought they would be too small for my comm tank. Glad they are showing up for you! Good luck with them and we'll want photos!!

Robdog
Thu Mar 15, 2007, 11:04 PM
Any updates with your Borelli hengeli??

haha borelli hengeli!

hengeli
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 01:41 AM
No nob rob, not yet, :shock: They're not even of age yet! But growing very nicely, I think I will not breed them just enjoy their colors this time. They don't seem to hit it off very well strange.

Robdog
Sun Mar 18, 2007, 03:09 AM
Good to see they are growing. I thought they were very small when they were in the store so not suprised they are not ready yet.

Robdog
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:37 AM
Well the ones in store haven't grown much as I found out today.
Had another look at the A. hippolytae. Only four left from what I could see. And only $20!
I admit I was tempted

Th0mas
Mon Mar 19, 2007, 04:39 AM
yep, so was I last week.

Only shortage of tank spaces stopped me from taking the plunge.