PDA

View Full Version : Orange "new post" markers

DiscusEden
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 11:29 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that the orange highlighted discus that usually show up to indicate new posts in that section aren't coming on for some reason. Or at least, they come on when I first refresh the page, then the first one I look at it becomes like a game of memory, 'cos they all switch off. This only started recently, and I didn't know if you were aware already.

The same thing happens for the highlights on the individual threads.

Overall, the forum is still fantastic & your work is still very much appreciated!

Thanks,
DiscusEden

Proteus
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 12:37 PM
Maybe try deleting any DiscusForums.com cookies you may have saved in your temp internet cache. Other than that hit refresh and see if that helps.

New post and topic indicators are working fine on the 3 PC's I have here.

DiscusEden
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks Proteus,
I've tried closing & opening the forum a couple of times, not working.

I know this is a dumb question, but how do I find the cookies once my anti virus software has allowed it?

mcloughlin2
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 07:57 PM
This happens to me only when i enter this site without first going through the lastest news page. :wink:

DiscusEden
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks mclouglin.

Freakily enough, it's working now.

Proteus
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 10:49 PM
Bear in mind on Tuesday night the site was offline for a bit whilst server maintenance occured, maybe it took a little bit longer for everything to filter through and restore itself.

DiscusEden
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 10:56 PM
Could well be, although it started a few hours before that.

At any rate, it's working now, and like a good female I have no further interest in figuring out how it works if it works.