PDA

View Full Version : first angel spawn

Mattzilla
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 06:46 AM
hi guys, my angels spawned a few days ago and today i have wrigglers. how long until they are free swimming? will they be ok eating frozen baby brine shrimp?

any tips or other suggestions to consider over the next few days?

also i am about to set up a small tanmk for the angel pair and their spawn (and future spawns). the tank i am looking at is a standard 2fter with a large sponge filter, small hang on back filter, small heater and a spawning cone. does that sound about right to everyone?

i was also going to cover the back, bottom and sides of the tank to give the angels a bit more privacy....was thinking of using white contact (you know the syuff you cover books with...or used to anyway). will that do the trick? has anyone used that before? will it come off easily down the track?

thanks very much for the help guys....oh one last thing, what is the ideal breeding temp for angels?

cheers!
matt

iro11a
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 06:59 AM
Hey matt

My angels when i breed them was free swimming about day 7-8 but after they was free swimming the female started attacking the male and i remove the male and she couldt keep all the fry together and they was eating my brine shrimp but they all started dieing for some reason they only lasted 2 weeks and was starting to shape up nicely by then hope that helps.

Also i think temps about 27 is the best

Jono

DiscusMad
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 11:55 AM
I have been finding with my angel fry that feeding them micro worm for the first week then start to change to BBS as well as feeding them micro worm having better sucess.

but make shure the micro worm coulture is fresh when buying it my last one sold to me thy told me that it was just orded in for me but I think it was the one they had on the front counter for the past 2 weeks GRRRRR!

Xtreme
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 12:06 PM
Show us all some pics Matty :wink:

Congrats on the spawn mate

Cheers Wayne

Mattzilla
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 12:12 PM
will get some pics tomorrow morning definately!!!

will look into the micro worms and bbs

i was planning on feeding them frozen bbs....is that ok? some people say yes some say no....i'm going to give it a go.

cheers
matt

DiscusMad
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 12:55 PM
I always think well never tryed it but will give it a go ya never know