Mon Jan 29, 2007, 02:52 AM
Hi All,
Heres a pic of my alenquer,what do you think of it so far:

Xtreme
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 02:57 AM
another shot

Robdog
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 04:58 AM
I saw that little guy in the flesh the other day. A little arrow shaped but that could be due to his size and youth more than anything. Hopefully he'll fill out nicely because his colours are really nice and the photo doesn't really show that.

the german
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 07:09 AM
good shape niccw fins and good size of the eye in relation to the body.
coulors a very light is it an albino?

mcloughlin2
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 08:38 AM
good shape niccw fins and good size of the eye in relation to the body.
coulors a very light is it an albino?

Albino's have a red eye matey. :wink:

the german
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
interesting,hm (think) hm
then he is not very colourfull i reckon not much red
i think thats more like it

the german
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 09:12 AM
here one more pic

mcloughlin2
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 09:31 AM
the german,

Your discus is a snakeskin. :wink: Not a alenquer. :)

Xtreme
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 09:42 AM
heres another pic of the fish:

scott bowler
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
wayne that is a very nice fish it has good shape . eye is good size and the colour is coming along very nicely . i think i have two just like that from the same batch and there colour is out . inpresive fish

the german
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
snakeskin :D because it have 11 bars.........
for me a snakeskin have to look like a snakeskin and not
only have 11 bars

samir
Mon Jan 29, 2007, 04:41 PM
snakeskin :D because it have 11 bars.........
for me a snakeskin have to look like a snakeskin and not
only have 11 bars

i can count at least 14 bars on it :wink: you can call it what you want, its still a snakeskin :P :lol: If its here for a "co-critique" then imo its a very average fish, shape's pretty bad and the bars are not uniform. If I had bred that fish it would end up culled or used for testing new medication.

The Alencer from Xtreme is of much better quality, though imo still an average fish.
here's an Alencer that imo is of very good quality.

the german
Tue Jan 30, 2007, 12:16 AM
thats a nice fish samir.

but why would you kill a fish for his bars when hes not even 7 month old?

samir
Tue Jan 30, 2007, 03:39 AM
you can't kill him now, he's become a pet :P

Squid
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 01:20 AM
Alenqers are close to my heart. They are my favourite wild strain. now Extremes Alenquer is young, but will colour-up with age. I reckon you've got a good fish there. A good idea to get better colouration is to get it out of the blue tank set-up. I've got some good photos of how much this can change their colouration. And also, females tend to have deeper red colouration. Heres a couple of photos of some young Alenquers and what they grew up into (with only a basic Oxheart/discus dinner diet).

Squid

Squid
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 01:23 AM
Alenqers are close to my heart. They are my favourite wild strain. now Extremes Alenquer is young, but will colour-up with age. I reckon you've got a good fish there. A good idea to get better colouration is to get it out of the blue tank set-up. I've got some good photos of how much this can change their colouration. And also, females tend to have deeper red colouration. Heres a couple of photos of some young Alenquers and what they grew up into (with only a basic Oxheart/discus dinner diet).

Squid

the german
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 04:36 AM
that are very nice fish squid.