PDA

View Full Version : ADA meetings

cyber_crimes
Sun Jan 28, 2007, 09:11 AM
Went to attend my first meeting last night & ended up sitting outside in the car because the gates to the lions den were not opened. Sat there for approx 45 minutes and there was only 4-5 other people there standing outside. Gates still remained locked so I assumed the meeting was cancelled and I left.

Surely this isn't the standard of the regular ADA meetings?
I mean it wouldn't be worth the hiring of a hall for a single carload of people. So I am guessing something has happened recently to turn members away? or had I missed something altogether?

No disrespect, but I was expecting to meet alot of nice people, learn some great info etc and was pretty dissapointed with the turnout (well lack of a turnout anyway).

Can anyone inform me of the situation as I would like to give it another go next month if it is worth attending.

Proteus
Sun Jan 28, 2007, 11:06 AM
I don't think they have ever held meetings in January, especially with it being a holiday weekend as well.

cyber_crimes
Sun Jan 28, 2007, 11:43 PM
Was hoping it would be something simple that I missed.
Can anyone inform me what the general meetings are like?
What goes on, approx count of attendees etc?

White Dragon
Thu May 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
It's a pitty your didn't get out of your car and ask the people "are you here for the ADA meeting" and if you did, you would have found out why we were outside and not inside.

Proteus
Thu May 17, 2007, 08:35 PM
I think you will find nobody was there...

There was no meeting in January, this thread is 5 months old :wink:

White Dragon
Thu May 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately this matter is about 3 months old and bearly relevant. However, whilst on the forum to post a message in regards to the coming ADA meeting and its change of venue, I, the secretary of the ADA , decided to browse the topic. I replied to this post because amoungst others I was there at the Janauary meeting waiting for interesed folks to join us. January meeting is usually not on, due to the long week-end nor is the Christmas meet due to christmas day being close to our meeting date, but for those not knowing, we did attend the meeting.
Back to January and any other meeting there is always a few people there ready and available to discuss the hobby of discus, but lack of interest makes it almost pointless to hold a meeting as such. That is why we are no longer meeting at the Hall in Parramatta, but those very few who do attend have decided to meet socially at Rosehill Bowling Club.

If you are interested in the future of the ADA come and join us.

Sue - Secretary