PDA

View Full Version : Jupari first spawn whoooo

discus lover01
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hi have just had these spawn and have raised so far about 30-40 babies they are about the size of a discus baby when it free swims off the pole the parents are doing a great job and hope to have some of these for sale in the coming months.

IntoTheRainz
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:27 AM
hey congratulation

how old and big are the adult of your?

any foto?

any tips to breed these guys?

discus lover01
Sat Jan 27, 2007, 11:27 PM
Hi i will try get some pics when my camera is either fixed or i get a new one after it being dropped into an aquarium by my 8 year old son who was trying to take a picture with the lid off and plop in the tank it went and my mobile isnt a camera phone.
The adults are about 12-14cm and didnt really do anything special with them just after the pair had formed seperated and on the second lay they had they have babies only small amount 30-40 but they have raised by themselves.
keep you posted.

discus lover01
Thu Feb 01, 2007, 10:36 PM
The babies are still going well but they are very slow growing i have found but mum and dad are doing well all things considered and seeing that they fight a fair bit as well and lip lock almost and still dont harm there babies sorry still no pics as still dont have a digital camera and as said my phone isnt a camera phone.
There is around the 40 babies at a guess have found these ones to be very secretive with there babies nd as soon as you go near tank they pick them up it's cool to see though.
keep you all posted.