PDA

View Full Version : Now available: Interesting friends for discus....

kevkoi
Mon Sep 20, 2004, 10:23 AM
Some interesting Discus tankmates now available at SLS:

Just arrived and ideal for discus community/planted tanks as algae eating catfish (gentle on plants):

6-7cm Sturisoma panamense (Royal whiptail, Royal twig catfish) - $25
6-7cm Sturisoma foerschi - $25 (Rare.. and on SPECIAL!)
6cm Rineloricaria falax - $25 (RARE... and on SPECIAL!)
6-7cm Hemiloricaria sp. (L010a) -- (RARE!!)
6cm albino bristlenose catfish (rare)

Peaceful South american cichlid companions:
9-10cm Acarichthys heckelii --- (RARE!)
6cm Apistogramma cacatuoides double red
6cm Apistogramma agasiszii double red
6cm Apistogramma cacatuoides "Sunburst" (Rare)
6cm Apistogramma veijita "Rio Meta" F1 (Rare)
6cm Apistogramma macmasteri F1 (Rare)
6cm Apistogramma juriensis F1 (RARE!)
6cm Apitogramma hongsloi "Super Red Stroke" (Rare)
5-6cm Crenicara filamentosa

mtchye
Mon Sep 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Kev,

Any chance of pics of the apistos and the hemiloricaria? Alternately what is the quality like on the apistos.. (not a reflection on your shop, I know the wholesalers often ship pretty poor lookin apistos for some reason)

Thanks
Vincent

kevkoi
Mon Sep 20, 2004, 09:26 PM
:lol: Never mind what the wholesalers sell... we import our own South American dwarf cichlids. :wink: Quality is generally exceptional, especially on the F1 fish.

The apistos are generally dispersed amoung the discus tanks so are a bit hard to photograph (I'm sure if you look thru the discus pictures, u'll see apistos popping up everywhere).

Red lizard whiptail (L010a), have a look thru Google and planet catfish. These fish came in yesterday and are very very limited in numbers. I don't expect them to sit around the shop very long.... COOL CATS!

kev

mtchye
Tue Sep 21, 2004, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the info Kev, thats what I wanted to hear! Good to see a shop willing to take a risk and bring in quality apistos. I found an earlier thread in the photo forum where you had pics that were representative of the type of apistos you had.. believe me when or if I get the chance to purchase the discus pairs a few apisto pairs are coming along for the long plane ride ;)

Any chance of a price on the apistos though? Thanks for your time Kev :)

Cheers
Vincent

mtchye
Tue Sep 21, 2004, 07:37 AM
Hi Kev,

Did you guys manage to get any A trifasciata in at all? One of our fave apistos and havent seen any around for years!

weird
Tue Oct 05, 2004, 10:54 AM
Kev, do you have any Sturisoma panamense available ?

kevkoi
Tue Oct 05, 2004, 11:30 AM
Oh dear... sold the LAST one today!!!

25 fish all SOLD... :(

The other whiptails are acutally rarer than the royals. There are still some of each available.

Apistogramma trifasciata..... available in a few weeks. Together with a few other rarer apistos and rare corydoras.

kev