PDA

View Full Version : Peruvian Angels

scott bowler
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 07:33 AM
jim there growin well mate well done . have you still go the big numbers or have you lost a few all the best

jim from sydney
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 04:39 AM
jim there growin well mate well done . have you still go the big numbers or have you lost a few all the best

Hi scott, i guess i lost a total of about 20% its normal i believe. still i have so many soon i need to sell a few, but not until they are 3 months old any earlier may be too early. they are loads of fun to watch.

cheers Jim

scott bowler
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 08:32 AM
thats good to hear jim what type are your angels mate that one at the top right looks like a vail tail do you have pics of the mum and dad jim.(sorry to jump in on your post mad )

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 01:22 PM
The parents are F1 peruvians Scott. The grandparents are my normal coloured wild caught peruvians. All silver angels with black stripes (the normal colouration) throw a percentage of gold fry. In the wild,, you will never see gold angels, because lacking the dark stripes for camouflage, they quickly become prey.

The golds have a beauty all their own.

Jim, they're lovely. Did they throw some normal coloured fry, or were they all golds?

jim from sydney
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 04:03 AM
Jim, they're lovely. Did they throw some normal coloured fry, or were they all golds?

M.
Thanks for that expl'n.
They are all gold, 2 days ago had their 5th spawn, all gold.
The silver with black stripes had a spawn last nite (first time) only a small number of eggs compared with the golden ones. This morning all eggs were gone, had a party overnite no doubt.
Parents were very protective last nite but in the com tank the others probably had a snack. Next time i will remove the egss.

Scott. pic attached

Keep well. Jim.

Merrilyn
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 04:30 AM
That's a lovely sight Jim.

You've done a great job.

Congratulations :P

scott bowler
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 07:05 AM
they look great jim and well done .thanks for the pic

jim from sydney
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
That's a lovely sight Jim.

M

remember these???? (F1 peruvians first ever fry.)

only they are adults now. And doing their best as you can see.

Cheers

Merrilyn
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yes I do remember them Jim, they're gorgeous.

Any pairs forming from the silvers?

jim from sydney
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 06:35 AM
M

yes one of them is laying eggs in the photo on the leaf of the plant......2 pairs have formed, the first pair ate the eggs....learning?????....the second pair (mum in the photo) i removed the plant to a sep. tank to save the eggs, about 25% not fert. rest ok so far after 48 hrs.

cheers :D

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 07:10 AM
Jim, it's just a thought, but have you ever tried pouring some of the water from a tank of breeding angels into the spawning tank of discus.

Something to do with the pheremones in the water will encourage another fish to spawn.

Worth a try, anyway.

You've got quite a little production line of angels going there. Well done :P

jim from sydney
Sun Jan 14, 2007, 05:44 AM
M

thanks for that thought, i will try that.

i find it amazing to think that discus are sooooooo fussy about water.
The angels are going so well, i have now 4 tanks full of angels babs at various stages, but discus ???????? oh no.

still, i am now thinking to learn their "language" so that i can find out why they are trying me out for the last 3 years.

Cheers.

Merrilyn
Mon Jan 15, 2007, 06:33 AM
They just like to keep you guessing Jim :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jan 31, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hi Jim,

What was said about Pheromones works for me extremely often. I run all my pairs on a system so they all have the same water. I can almost guarantee that if one or two pairs go off then another 3 or 4 will go within a couple of days, it really is worth a try. Best of luck.
MAC

jim from sydney
Thu Feb 01, 2007, 07:07 AM
Hi Jim,

What was said about Pheromones works for me extremely often. I run all my pairs on a system so they all have the same water. I can almost guarantee that if one or two pairs go off then another 3 or 4 will go within a couple of days, it really is worth a try. Best of luck.
MAC

Hi Mac

thanks Buddy thanks for your input.......

i am now using a carbon filter in my aging tank, and also have introduced some peat in the breeding tanks. will see for a few weeks what happens now. so far nothing yet but then is has only been like this since the weekend.

have finally been able to locate some RO water thru Xtreme ( our sponser) and will pickup some from Wayne on the weekend coming. this will give me the change to later try some RO water and if that works than may have to purchase a RO unit.

so lots of options, but am fast running out of them

still.........fingers crossed

cheers. :lol: