PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about people on this forum

Noddy65
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well...all I can say is that Im very impressed with all the people I have met on this forum.

I live in Perth and we dont get alot of the more unusual Apisots over here. Needless to say that very few of the recent (ie last 12 - 18 months) shipments have made it over here. Most that do come over here are from the big suppliers with all the associated issues.

With some excitmnet and trepidation I made some enquiries about getting some of the newer species sent all the way over here.

Without exception the people here have been fantastic.

Firstly Thomas (my first shipmenet from over east came from Thomas) has been fantastic. The fish he chose for me were all in great condition and he was very forthcoming with advice. All fish arrived in first class condition and most spawned in the first week of arrival.

Next Rav. He has also been fantastic about organising the latest shipment for me and even was genrous enough to let me ship some fish from my nephew in the same batch. For a commercial operator I think he has gone above and beyond the normal.

Then theres Steve (scubasteve) who gladly let me piggyback a shipment from overeast and even held onto the fish for me overnight (it was my first wedding anniversary yesterday and I wasnt going to be home) and then dropped the fish off at my place today. Excellent service and is a nice bloke as well.

My nephen Nathan, who held onto some fish for me over the last few months and then organised a trip across Melbourne to drop them off at Ravis shop.

And lastly Chris (wickedglass). Well, what can I say. We have never met yet he gladly gave up a few hours to go down to Ravis shop and pick some fish out for me. Truelly remarkable and generous. The fish arrived today at my place and they are in great condition.

Once again everyone. My experiences with this forum have been nothing but fantastic.

I hope to see most of you in Melbourne and Sydney in a few weeks time.

Mike

wickedglass
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 07:31 AM
I'm glad you got them and I'm happy I could help :)
and I so hope I got 2 pairs picked out for you .... now your turn .... where's the pics already? :P

Th0mas
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the kind word Mike, just doing my part to ensure we have some decent fish around in the future.

How's the fry doing? Any pics?

Thomas.

Noddy65
Tue Jan 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
Hi guys
Fry are doing OK...not a huge number from the fist spawn of baenschi (about 15) but nice anyway.

Ive currently got 3 spawns of agassizi tefe (I think you were spot on thoms) and 2 spawns of baenschi but of course Im going over east at the end of the week so can probably so goodbye to the fry when they hatch.

No pics yet, I made a best guesss as to sex of the nanays but have had to split one pair (and will probably split the other before I leave) due to aggression. All 4 fish have black edges to their caudal fins but two have paler black (grey) rather than very black.

Hope to see many of you next week some time.

Mike

Nathan
Wed Jan 17, 2007, 12:37 AM
lookn forward to seeing u next week mike, i thnk you n zoe are stayn with us for a night or somethn?

anyway make sure u bring down pics so i can have a look.

make sure u thank john, he drove