PDA

View Full Version : Black siamese fighters

nicholas76
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 05:49 AM
Gday all,

just visited my LFS and they had stock of a several black short tail siamese fighters. :shock:

never seen a black fighter before and it looked great. Solid black and eyes were black too. :shock:

are these common??? havent seen or heard of them before. :?:

any person got pics :?:

cheers

kalebjarrod
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 05:57 AM
Hay Nic,

http://passport.aquadotnetwork.com/

Go here and get a passport to trnsfer your membership to Aus betta fish, should see the fish they have thier! WOW

to answer your question, i've only seen them in the betta rooms never in a LFS

nicholas76
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 06:05 AM
Cheers mate

i may actually have to buy these guys somthing about these black fighters which makes them soo cool

and thank you about your comments about my fry.

its the first spawn of these rippers and i dont want to lose them. Give it a few days and iill post many pics for the forum

Nick

kalebjarrod
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 06:48 AM
ahhhhh.......

awaiting pics of both with batted breath,

black betta's , nice buy how much?

kevkoi
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 08:22 AM
like this one? This one is coming to SLS next week....

nicholas76
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 08:25 AM
black bettas were $25 each

now they are short tailed. I need to find some long tailed versions.

Perhaps they are just young , ill find out.

my discus fry are so far doing well. Cant wait for my brime shrimp to hatch.!!

nicholas76
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 08:59 AM
yes Kev

those are the ones.

Do they come in the typical long tail male shape ??

kevkoi
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 09:57 AM
These are some blacks which we have imported and sold thru SLS previously. They are known as Halfmoon bettas and crowntail bettas.... We have imported from Straits Aquariums (Singapore), Henry Yin(Indonesia), Ploybettas (Thailand), Raybettas (Thailand)... and other than Discus, SLS does show bettas BIG time as well.

The short tail pictured above is called a Halfmoon plakat. The tail spreads like a "D" shape and spreads 180degrees. These fish are a bit more than $25 but they are show quality and exactly like the picture. :wink:

kalebjarrod
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 10:00 AM
so discus didn't take up enough of your time and money Kev?

NICE FISH :wink:

kevkoi
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 10:06 AM
Mate, I've done bettas for as long as I've done discus... Both BEAUTIFUL fish. I like beautiful "Show" fish.

Other than those, my other passions... Show Koi (sadly in Aust, there isn't much.), Show Goldfish and Show guppies. :wink:

Haven't had time to start marketing and educating on Show Goldfish and Show guppies yet in Australia..... soon, soon, soon..... when I get 72hours in a day. :D :lol:

Proteus
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 02:13 PM
72 hrs???

I am waiting for 96hrs in a day then I will be set...