PDA

View Full Version : Filter for 120 gallon planted.

nsreefer
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 02:32 PM
I am considering options for a filter for the 120 i am setting up. One option which iam looking at is the Eheim Professional 2229 Wet/Dry Canister Filter. My concern is that I will be using pressurised co2 with a ph controller, and I was thinking that because of the filters wet/dry configuration, would it not strip all of the co2 out of the water and cause ph to rise? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any better suggestions for a cannister from Eheim, or Rena, that would be great too. I have two 404 fluvals on my mbuna tank, and i'm not unhappy with their performance, but i would like to give one of the other companies a try. Thanks for you help!
Mike

didn't realise that there was an equipment forum, sorry, i'll post there next time.

nsreefer
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 01:16 AM
BUMP! :) anybody?

Merrilyn
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 12:42 PM
Hi NSR. I gather we're talking about something like a 5 or 6 foot tank. I have Eheims and Fluval FX5s on all my large tanks and have to say, I'm very pleased with the performance of both brands.

I prefer the Eheim over the Fluval, simply because I think they do a better job of filtering, and they're more reliable than anything else.

I'm not keen on the wet/dry Eheim. I prefer the larger Classic or Professional range. I've used Eheims for more than twenty years, and I've found them to be the most reliable filters on the market.