PDA

View Full Version : Newb to the forums

nsreefer
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 05:41 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike
Baker, and I am from Nova Scotia Canada. I am not new to discus, I have kept them in the past with what i would call moderate success. In the last few years i have gained alot of knowlege about the aquarium hobby, most of which has stemmed from keeping a successful reef tank, as well as an african mbuna tank, which are both still running. In addition I have a 120 gallon tank with nothing in it, so i decided to take the plunge, and have another go at a planted discus tank. I decided to get an account here as the members seem extremely knowledgeable, and I'm sure i will have questions along the way. Cant wait to get started.
Mike

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike and the best of luck with your new Discus tank. If you're like many people here the word tank just may have an "s" on the end of it before too long.
MAC

nsreefer
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 03:12 AM
Oh, and i almost forgot my 5.5 nano reef in my office at home... as you can see, I am well on my way to having a severe case of MTS (multi tank syndrome)... but hey, it's the best syndrome to have if you ask me. :wink:

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 04:50 AM
Mmmmm, thats what I said when I went from 3 to 8. I now have 50 lol!
MAC

scott bowler
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 07:35 AM
welcome nsreefer good to hear that you have the syndrome like most of us hope you have fun and enjoy your stay with us

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike.

Great to have you aboard.