PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish size

tarkessa
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 02:51 AM
Hi,

I have 3 male angelfish (1 x white, 1 x smokey/chocolate & 1 x gold marble) that seem to hate each other. At the moment they are about 10cm excluding fins. How large do you think I can expect them to grow? They live in a lightly planted tank that is 90cm x 42cm x 70cm. The pH is 7, ammonia 0, hardness 3-6 and temperature 26 degrees. Their tank mates are 2 blue cochus tetra, 3 kuhli loaches and a 15cm Chinese algae eater. I would like to re-aquascape the tank when I have managed to find a new home for the algae eater (anyone want a large algae eater? :wink: ). Then I will be looking for some new tank mates for the angels but what I get will be limited by the size my angels will reach. Are there any "miniature" angels?

Thanks!

DiscusMad
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I would like to re-aquascape the tank when I have managed to find a new home for the algae eater (anyone want a large algae eater? :wink: ).

I could have a home for it if your desprate to give it a new home 8-)

tarkessa
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 02:07 AM
Hi DiscusMad,

Sorry for the delay in replying. If you want him/her you may have him/her! I really do need to get it out of my display tank. It is just too big. This fish is definitely a Gyrinocheilus aymonieri though, so be warned it can be very active and will sometimes harass other fish of a similar size. This fish is still eating algae pretty effectively even though it is an adult. If you are still able to give him/her a home that would be great! Just let me know. Thank you.

Merrilyn
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 03:46 AM
Welcome to the forum tarkessa. Your angels sound pretty normal to me. That's just the way they are unfortunately. Although they constantly push and shove, they rarely do each other any real harm.

No such thing as miniature angels, but with a body size of 10 cm, your angels have to be close to fully grown. Some of the larger tetras would make good tank mates.

XPLOSV
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 05:00 AM
true ladyred, my 4 angels attack (or is it a kiss?) discus all the time but cant find any damage ^_^.

DiscusMad
Sat Jan 06, 2007, 10:37 AM
give me a pm with your details and I'll see if i can pick it up
tanks