PDA

View Full Version : Feeding young discus

pepp76
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hi all..

I recently purchased 5 young discus and was told at my LFS yhat i should be feeding them about 5 or 6 time's a day.I just wanted to double check this info,i am feeding them tetra prima granular food and a cube of bloodworm additionally every second day,is this to much bloodworm?

thank's,pepp76...

Merrilyn
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 01:43 PM
Your LFS is right. Young discus should be fed around 6 times a day at least. Naturally, that amount of food creats a lot of waste, and so you will have to do regular water changes to keep the water clean.

A varied diet is best for fish, but especially important for young fish that have a greater need for nutrients. A high quality dry food is an excellent base, but to that you should add frozen beef heart, frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp and frozen mysis shrimp for premium growth.

pepp76
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 07:20 PM
Hello and thank's for your reply LadyRed,

Unfortunately 2 of my new young discus came with white spot :( and have passed it on to the other tank mate's!!I have just added the treatment PROTOZIN to try and cure this,(very stressfull)as instructed by my LFS, should i kirb the feeding habbit's of my fish during this treatment? it is a 6 day course.

thank's,pepp76..

samir
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 07:39 PM
what is your water temperature ?

pepp76
Mon Jan 01, 2007, 01:58 AM
Hi samir

My water temp is 28-29