PDA

View Full Version : Bio Balls

africandiscus
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 05:12 AM
I am sure this question has been asked before. What are the best bio balls. I know it has to do with surface area. There is a reason whey some are more expensive than others (you pay for what you get in this world) Which are the best value for money.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/filtration/l/aa071603.htm

flukes
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 12:02 PM
I just go with the cheaper brands but i overkill on the amount. Bacteria will grow on anything, and yes the surface area does have a lot too do with how much bacteria can fit on a piece of media.

Its up too you wether too buy ehiem/fluval/coral life etc and pay $50 for 100, or you can go with cheaper brands and pay $20 for 50.

Personally id take the cheaper brand and get 200 for $40, but that is if you have the room, if not then it might be wise to spend the money on something a bit more expensive.

kalebjarrod
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 09:31 PM
you buy them for the surface area they contain,

some of the more expensive brands have put R&D into the balls and have copyrights on them hence the expense

if your filter can handle them use a cheaper brand and add more of them, take the savings and split them 50% for Me 50% for flukes for over cost sving help :wink:

africandiscus
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 10:16 PM
take the savings and split them 50% for Me 50% for flukes for over cost sving help

LOL