PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Premium Discus Granulated food.

D.J
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 11:13 AM
Finally I got my hand on this much spoken miracle food, thanks to George from G & S Aquarium.
I ordered it from George on Thurs last week and I got it on Tues this week, and Rohan you are right at what you said about this food, the fish swallowed it like there is no tomorrow, can't see the different just as yet as the package said it takes two weeks to see any improvement but I will keep you updated with any changes.
I would recommend G & S Aquarium to any one who wants to order this food from them.

Donald.

flukes
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 01:54 PM
Donald if you could turn this post into a review on the product that would be great. This mean monitoring the fish and recording any results.
Example -
Day 4 - Fish seemed more vibrant today.

etc...

We can use it as product reviews, helps people out when deciding what too buy. And because you have actually used the product you can give a truthful review.

Only if you want, just an idea.

Let us know how you go anyway..

D.J
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 09:55 AM
Hi Scott,

I will be more than happy to do that, but just a question though...
Do you think it will be wise just to feed them purely on this food only?
As I was thinking that the package says 2 weeks you will see an improvement, but I guess that's purely feeding the fish on this food source only.
If I still vary their diet with blood worm, beef heart, brine shrimp and Breeders premium, do you think it may take longer to see the improvement?

Donald.

flukes
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 12:38 PM
No dont feed them just the BP, a varied diet is essential for your fish. Just dont add anything new too the their diet other than the BP.

You should still see changes, just do one serrving on BP a day.

Proteus
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 01:19 PM
some blood worms, spirulina, brine shrimp, beef heart is good in combo with the BP...

My fish almost jump out of the water when BP is fed, the only other food that gets as much attention is ColorBits...

sunshinediscus
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 08:22 AM
In addition to Scotts suggestion about reveiwing the food i'd like to see reveiws after 6 months of daily feeding especially from people who are breeding discus. Hatch rates and breeding frequency etc of the pairs is what i am interested to see, i'm too conservitive to try it out yet. Guinea pigs stand up please.

Rod

www.lewisdiscus.com

D.J
Sun Sep 19, 2004, 09:05 AM
i'd like to see reveiws after 6 months of daily feeding especially from people who are breeding discus.
Unfortunately I don't breed Discus as I don't know much about breeding, wouldn't mind to try it one day though when I live in a house, as I live in a unit with 2 children it's quite impossible to have a hatchery tank set up. :(
Anyway here is the first review of BD.

Day 3:
Fish are active as usuall, but one thing that I find, is that there are a lot less waste compare to feeding them with Colorbit or Sera.

HIGH ABSORPTION RATE, LESS FAECES OUTPUT, CLEANER WATER
As Breeders' Premium ingredients do not contain any warm blooded animal parts but only the natural cold water meals, the discus will be able to maximize the absorption of all the proper nutrition, vitamins and trace elements and produce less faeces which in turn reduces the ammonia and nitrate levels in the water, thus making it also easier to maintain your fish tank.

D.J
Thu Sep 23, 2004, 08:30 AM
Day 8:

Fish seems a bit fatter than before, colours are a lot brighter, and the leopard spot is not showing the stress bar as often now.

D.J
Wed Sep 29, 2004, 10:21 AM
Day: 14

Bunga Raya & Snakeskin are cleaning the intake tube of the filter, wiggle alot and very teritorial.
Expecting to see some eggs soon.
Could it be the BD? Go figure.... :roll:
Colours on others are alot brighter, especially Leopard spot, starting to have full colours on tails and Fins.

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 29, 2004, 10:31 AM
Congratulations DJ looks like your fish may be breeding whether you want them to or not. :lol:

weird
Wed Sep 29, 2004, 11:49 AM
Proteus, you mentioned spirulina. I have these in a tablet form (nutrafin spirulina algae tablets) which I bought for my bristlenoses and otocinclus. Do you feed them the tablets, broken up or something ? Or are you refering to the health food spirulina which people add to beef heart mixes ?

Kev any chance getting Breeders Premium in SLS ? You know my pigeons still ain't fan of colorbits, love to see how they react to Breeders Premium.

D.J
Sat Oct 02, 2004, 10:24 PM
Dave, if you like I can give you a sample to try on your pigeons, if they go nuts over it, give George from G & S Aquarium a call and he'll ship it out to you for $34.00 (incl shipping) for the 250 ml, and you should get it within 3 working days.

Donald.

weird
Sat Oct 02, 2004, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the offer D.J.. I will call George at G & S next week. I was thinking about picking up a pair from SLS (their fish eat flakes !), and adding them to my group of 4 juvs to lower my % of fish that don't eat granuales ... silly logic. My eight babies from dreamer (deds) eat colorbits 2 x a day eagerly (soon to be delivered to them by an automatic feeder) so I hopefully won't have this problem ... but the juvs , 2 tangerine pigeon bloods, give me headaches when working out the daily menu cause of their fussiness.

ericflowerfish
Tue Nov 02, 2004, 05:17 PM
Here you go my friends. You can get more info on this product here.

http://www.breederspremium.com/product.html

Davo
Thu Nov 11, 2004, 08:00 AM
I have 6 medium to large discus in my 4x2x2 tank along with a couple of rams, assorted cats, 2 x gouramis, 15 x cardianals and 8 x harlequins.

What I need to know is how long the 250g size amount will last as I am concerned about it going stale. I have had other flakes and granules in this size and they both went stale and I also think they lose their effectiveness.

I may be better off buying the 100g container when they are available in a couple of weeks.

Dave.