PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Beef Heart ??

Billy
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 12:22 PM
hi all,
just wondering where u can buy beef heart from southern sydney areas ??
i live in Hurstville and one day i went to all 7 butchery in this area and couldnt find any of it !! but found plenty of lamb heart (frozen), are they any gd for discus??

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 12:43 PM
Try asking for ox heart. Most butchers will get it in. It is mostly sold for dog food. I have used lamb heart and it seems to be just as good, if a bit more fiddly because of the size.

Mattzilla
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
i buy mine from a butcher in miranda westfield.

i can't remember the name of the place, it's next to a fruit shop.....above the food court level....

they usually have it in stock...

hth

DiscusMad
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 01:17 PM
I buy lamb hart it was at westfield at hurstville and they cost 50c each

flukes
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 04:04 PM
Most butchers stock Ox heart after going to many asking for beef eart someone told me ox heart was the same thing, i felt like an idiot going back too the butchers too get the oxheart.

Oh well live and learn... :oops:

Billy
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 11:18 PM
Most butchers stock Ox heart after going to many asking for beef eart someone told me ox heart was the same thing, i felt like an idiot going back too the butchers too get the oxheart.

U seriuos?, so did u buy any after calling them Ox heart ?? if yes i better try that next time !! :wink:

Trebs
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 01:22 AM
Coles never has beef heart. Woolworths often has beef heart in their offal section. Depends on the day of the week best to call first. They definately have it at Seven Hills and Winston Hills on certain days, would expect it to be the same at other metro stores. If it isn't in the meat section ask the butchers, sometimes they have it, sometimes not.

weird
Fri Sep 17, 2004, 10:26 PM
Yes, Trebs is right ... go to a big woolworths that is where I got mine ;)