PDA

View Full Version : White-stringy worm like floating poo

jacksta
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 11:48 AM
Hi folks,

I've just notice soemthing weird. First of all 3 of ym discus aren't eating and i notice in every water change that there are a heap of white floating poo on the surface of the tank. I heard some people said is some kind of bug and i knwo that my discus can die from it, so i was wondering if any of you members here out there had experienced this problem and hwo they go about to reat this. Really need help guys,i really would be sad to lose some of my beautiful juvenile Marlboro Reds or any all:(

Thanks for reading

cheers,jack

Discus+us
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
jacksta

Hi sorry to hear your Discus are unwell the best thing to do is Go to your lfs take some of your tank water in the shop and let them test the water for you, yes your fish are ill if not eating, and with what you say about the white excrement in the tank. There are Treatments the ones i use are ( esha Hexamita )which says on the box Treats White Stringy Faeces but please ask at the Shop as to how much to put in the tank i also use the ( Preis Coly) but this is much more Exspensive £12.99 or £5.50 for the other one hope this helps you and you Discus All the Best Discus+us :(

Discus+us
Thu Jan 11, 2007, 09:10 PM
jacksta

Hi sorry to hear your Discus are unwell the best thing to do is Go to your lfs take some of your tank water in the shop and let them test the water for you, yes your fish are ill if not eating, and with what you say about the white excrement in the tank. There are Treatments the ones i use are ( esha Hexamita )which says on the box Treats White Stringy Faeces but please ask at the Shop as to how much to put in the tank i also use the ( Preis Coly) but this is much more Exspensive £12.99 or £5.50 for the other one hope this helps you and you Discus All the Best Discus+us :(