PDA

View Full Version : a few ques

BillyFurtado
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 06:55 AM
ok soo as of now i have 2 discus in my 30 gal

one is more dominant of course and controls the food
he charges the other one when feeding and constantly chases the other one
the other discus doesnt mind too much and just runs off and then comes back out to the front but when the light is off they seem like there more happy and they "bob" up and down together hardly any chasing
why is this ??

it seems like the light controls the aggresiveness of the one fish im not quite sure and also water current
im currently reading "Jack Wattley Hank Book of Discus"
very informative although i read alot on the forum but reading from books helps a little more on the more specific things

so about the current
is it actually that still id better
because i have my filter "rena xp2" on full capacity and they seem very happy
but im told still is better..
some imput on my ques would be appreciated thanks

Noddy65
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 08:03 AM
Im not having a go at you Billy but rather at the internet and forums in general....I got to the second line of the post and gave up.
The lack of punctuation makes reading and understanding really hard work and I must admit, for most of those sorts of posts I just give up and dont even read them any more...

What do other people think?

Mike

ps...maybe I should move this somewhere else?

Noddy65
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 08:16 AM
pps...Ok...its confirmed...Im getting very old

nicholas76
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 09:28 AM
It is pretty hard to understand. I think there are 3 questions in this.

I find the less discus you have the more competitive your tank will be (especially if young ). Its clear that one fish has dominance over the other.

Discus in most intances and especially if young and arent used to it will naturally hide or shelter and avoid strong light hence your problem.

Try reducing the strength of your light. I'd see how that goes for now but id get them to try and get used to it as well, thats if they are new fish to your tank.

In relation to water current discus prefer less. If its strong direct your rain bar to a tank wall.

Merrilyn
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 10:33 AM
Billy, I've done a little edit job on your post, to make it easier for folks to understand :P