View Full Version : wtb: small ceramic logs for BN to breed in

Mattzilla
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 05:53 AM
i'm after 2 and would prfer them to not be too big

thanks;)
matt

kevkoi
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 07:34 AM
:oops: wouldn't a 2inch PVC pipe of about 20cm in length do for that purpose? :P

Mattzilla
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 07:53 AM
yeah but the BN are in tanks that are display tanks and pvc pipes would look crap.... i want to go for something that algea or a plant can grow on that will gradually look kind of natural.

tanks319
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 09:23 AM
What is the best way to get bn to breed???I have 4 large females and 2 large males in a planted tank with lots of wood but they will not breed!!!!
Any suggestions???

Mattzilla
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 12:55 PM
not sure.... i thought BN where preety easy to breed. my friends who breed them say add male plus female plus water plus hollow log and bob's your uncle.

does anyone else have any experience breeding bn? what water perameters do they prefer?

flukes
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 04:11 PM
Everyone experiences sucess at different pars. Although they say slightly acidic ive seen many breed at 8.0 ph, main thing is the cave better too have a few, so the male can choose his favorite.

kevkoi
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 11:28 PM
not sure.... i thought BN where preety easy to breed. my friends who breed them say add male plus female plus water plus hollow log and bob's your uncle.

does anyone else have any experience breeding bn? what water perameters do they prefer?

EXACTLY right... except, u forgot to add, feed well with greens and brineshrimp, do a cold waterchange, keep the temperature down to about 26degrees..... and bob's your uncle. :lol:

Mattzilla
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 11:57 PM
what if they are in the same tank with your discus and you can't keep the temp down around 26 deg kev? my bn are with my discus....

Mattzilla
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 11:59 PM
by the way, i'm still after a few ceramic logs if abyone has any.......

Chris McMahon
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 05:33 AM
by the way, i'm still after a few ceramic logs if abyone has any.......Look for a LFS that sells the "aquarium art (http://www.aquariumsrus.com.au/access/aquaart.htm)" range. I've got a couple of those "large bristlenose logs" myself. Unfortunately they were taken over by my Clown loaches soon after they were introduced, so I haven't had the bns breed at all.

tanks319
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 10:53 AM
thanks for your advise guys.

I will keep trying sooner or later i am sure it will happen.

By the way i can get resin logs for about $10.00 if interested

DiscusMad
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 01:14 PM
Mattzilla

why not try pvc pipe say 3-how ever many you want and wack them together with aquarium silicon and then on the outside smear silicon all over it and then cover it with sand or stones

Mattzilla
Thu Sep 16, 2004, 03:06 PM
what are resin logs???