PDA

View Full Version : Anorexia

geral
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 02:04 AM
3.5" blue diamond. No illness signs, no stress, no stringy feces neither white. its a little shy and he comes out when i bring blood worms but don't eat. now it's head bones are coming noticeably. What can i do to save him?

regards

Merrilyn
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 02:22 AM
Hi Geral, I've seen this happen with fish before. It seems they have some kind of 'wasting disease' and just stop eating altogether and gradually starve to death.

You might have some success with using an antibiotic like metro or tetracycline to reduce the possibility of a bacterial infection, but I usually find that once they reach the stage of refusing all food, they rarely recover.

I'm sorry I can't offer much more help.

Perhaps some of our other members may have some suggestions.

geral
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 02:36 AM
i'd just imagine that. already treated with metro and temp in 94F for 2 weeks and nothing happened.
thanks for your reply, it's been a long time since my last visit and this forum had changed a lot!!!

ryan
Tue Jan 02, 2007, 09:21 AM
geral

how did you go - Ive just got back from holidays and found one of my spotted red & gold with a similar symptom

ive have very little fish lose in this aquarium and this does appear an isolated case (touch wood)

the fish is also showing signs of fin rot and is not balanced at all and shy?

Ive taken it out and now in the treatment tank

any thoughts would be appreciated