PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond

Cheyne_Jones
Mon Dec 11, 2006, 06:59 AM
Just thought i would submit this to see its strong and weak points, I have no idea at all, i like it but....

bun
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 02:34 PM
Dont listen to anything I say, I have no idea :lol:

Has nice red eyes.. solid colour and I'm pretty sure thats quite good shape too.

Correct me if im wrong? :P probably.

nicholas76
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 11:15 PM
Cheyne_Jones

Nice fish , I assume its young? still a bit of growth to go.

forehead isnt round enough ( its young ) and the eye is two coloured. (you want a solid eye colour on one type, BD usually have yellow, I like red )

but its a young fish mate so give it time. Once you get it looking like this your laughing

Cheyne_Jones
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah its still super young, i have only had it for about 3 months so i rekon it would be about 8 or 9 months old at the most, hope it grows up to look like the one in your pic...

It is getting heaps of water changes and packing it full of food so hopefully it will be nice and round by the time its grown

G-1000
Fri Dec 22, 2006, 05:48 AM
Here we have a pretty good example of a red-eyed blue diamond.

The base colour (blue) is very good on this fish, even distribution and all areas the same shade of blue.

Nice clear tail.

The eye is intense red which is good.

The lateral lines seem perhaps a little more prominent that usual to me.

But the thing that is most noticeable is the shape. This fish will grow into a great specimen, but at the moment it is too long in a nose to tail perspective and too short in a top to bottom perspective.

Nonetheless, that is to be expected in most juvi fish - so it is a very nice fish. I would love to have one like it.

G