PDA

View Full Version : New Wild caught Apistogrammas

finlandaq
Sat Dec 09, 2006, 10:14 AM
Hi All

We will have the following Wild Caught Apisto's in store from the 16 th of December.

Apistogramma Paracas $45 each
Apistogramma Atahualpa $45 each
Apistogramma Agassizi Flamengo $65 each
Apistogramma Melgar jumbo $55 each

Thanks
Rav

Fin Land aquarium
123 Pascoevale Road
MOONEE PONDS
03-93260775

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 09, 2006, 11:34 AM
Welcome home Ravi. Sounds like you've been busy :wink:

finlandaq
Sat Dec 09, 2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks Merrilyn,

Yes .. just come back from Malaysia Aquafair. Some awosome discus there. I will be posting some of the discus I saw there in few days.. So stay tuned every one.

Rav

Sime76
Mon Dec 11, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hey,

Any Inkas??

S

Th0mas
Mon Dec 11, 2006, 03:09 PM
Chris has a trio he's letting go of, have you spoke to him yet.

finlandaq
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 01:49 AM
Hi Simon,

Sorry mate, no luck with the Inca's.

Thanks
Rav

Sime76
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 08:28 AM
:cry:

Thanks for the info Thomas, I did see his add. I only really want 1 male as I have a female currently and they would be in a community tank with a few Bitaeniatas ( by the way Rav I think that 3rd one i got may be male) so might be dramas. Having said that I may still check them out, just realized he is near my place.
Are they your offspring Thomas?

Rav, you would know of any links to websites that would have any pics of these new apistos you are getting in?

Th0mas
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 09:17 AM
Yep, Chris' Inka are from my program.

They are around 6 months old now, and in the middle of colouring up.

Thomas.

finlandaq
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hi All,

I have ask for help in getting some links for the photos of these new apistos from one of the Dwarf Experts. Attached below are his comments with the links. Will post some more PIC's later.

---------
from what I've been able to ascertain about the species you've posted, the Apisto melgar is definitely the Ap. sp. nanay ... all I've been able to find is two images of a female

http://www.grihan.com/acuario/apisto/Apistogramma_sp_nanay_hembra_02.jpg
http://www.grihan.com/acuario/apisto/Apistogramma_sp_nanay_hembra_00.jpg

and this one of a male

http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/biologie/Didaktik/Zoologie/html_deutsch/pics/NANAY.html

the girl is extremely colourful for an apisto female ...I know yours are sub adult, so the colour won't show like that ... still looking for another image of a male. apparently there's two colour morphs of these, one more blue and the other has more yellow. it's related to the Apistogramma cruzi ... the papagei is also from the same complex.

the paracas is apparently a form of eunotus with an orange tail, as I've already talked to you about
here's a better photo of a eunotus

http://atlas.drpez.org/apistogramma-eunotus-fotos/aam
http://atlas.drpez.org/apistogramma-eunotus-fotos/aan

Merrilyn
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
Ravi, would you please hold 4 Apisto Melgar for me.
Two males and two females if you are able to sex them.

Thanks.

finlandaq
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 11:04 AM
Merrilyn,

No worries.. I will hold them for you. Pls PM me and let me know when you will pick them up.

Thanks

Rav

oskastolz
Tue Dec 26, 2006, 09:51 AM
Hey Ravi - do you have a trio of the Melga left?

Namn8r
Wed Dec 27, 2006, 12:10 PM
hey rav, do you have any pics of the agassizii flamengo?

finlandaq
Thu Dec 28, 2006, 06:28 AM
Hi Guys,

I still have few of the Melgars left. Please visit the store to select the pairs.

I will try and post some photos of these fish (Flemingos's inclusive) next few day.

Thanks

gro
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 12:31 AM
rav,

did you get cleaned out over the holidays or do you still have some left?

thanks
gro

gro
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 04:36 AM
ps.

do you have any cockys in at the moment, can't find any, i lost my male and my female is getting lonely

thanks

finlandaq
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Gro,

I still have most of these fish listed above. You can contact me on 03-93260775 if you need more info.on these apistoms.

Thanks

rav

wickedglass
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 03:08 PM
just thought I'd put my 2 bob in here. I was at Ravis the other day looking at these fish and I got myself a pair of the aggies.
The agassizii flamengo appear in colour and pattern to be very similar to agassizii Santarem. there's a lot of yellow, blue and the tail has white patterning. Google for agassizii Santarem images and you'll pretty much come up with what they're like, they're a beautiful aggie!
I believe the melgar, which I think are really sp. Nanay, are going to be absolutely stunning fish when they mature. And something which is apparently a trait in this species is that the females are just about as colourful as the males.
What the paracas will be like, is at this stage a bit of a difficult pick, they're a little less mature than the melgar.
If you've ever seen Ravi's display tank with the atahualpas in it ... I won't say any more than this ... stunning!
he's also got bitaeniatas, some papagei and a bunch of aggie double reds. I want to know where he gets these fish from, again they're a winner ... here's a couple of cameraphone pics of the double reds, slightly out of focus, but you'll get the idea ... they're the most amazing d/r I've ever seen, and very healthy, too

AussieStar
Sat Jan 13, 2007, 04:44 AM
wish i lived in Melbourne, some quality fish there

hotrowe
Sat Feb 17, 2007, 10:52 AM
It seems that Sydney sources have at least temporarily "dried up". Hope the drought breaks soon.
I must agree that Ravi's atahualpas are superb..Not the same fish SLS brought in some time ago.
I have bought a number of the species that Ravi has brought in. Great fish.
Well worth a look...even for Interstaters. If there are any other importers bringing in Apistos, I'd love to hear about them.
I like Merrilyn's "catch cry". I also enjoy every moment.
Cheers,
Graham.

TW
Tue Feb 20, 2007, 02:32 PM
Hi, I am very late visiting this thread, so I expect all fish are gone?

However, if the agassizii flamengo are similar in colour and pattern to be very similar to agassizii Santarem, I'd be interested (if a pair can be shipped to Sydney and what would the cost be?).

I found this link to a picture. Does it look like the fish you have (if you have them)

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_agassizi.php

Do you have pic's of any other apisto dwarves you have in stock? Thanks in advance.