PDA

View Full Version : Angry discus

RJ_Archer
Thu Dec 07, 2006, 09:31 AM
one of my turqs is been a real basted to all the other discus, he keeps chasing them around pecking at them and biting them when they go near him. i dont want to get ride of him but he is been a real problem. should i just leave him in there untill i get the new sub adult discus. or should i move him?

mcloughlin2
Thu Dec 07, 2006, 09:52 AM
Theres always going to be the bully. Just like there will in the school playground. You can remove it, but another will just step up to it place. :wink:

RJ_Archer
Thu Dec 07, 2006, 08:06 PM
ok cheers. in a couple weeks ill be moviing in 5 discus 1x6cm 2x7-9cm 1x10cm 1x 13-15cm they should settle him out shouldnt they?

FishLover
Thu Dec 07, 2006, 08:51 PM
More discus spread out the aggression. I found that out with mine. 6 of them at one time and there were lot of chasing around. One of them were taken most of the beating. I added 5 more, with total of 11 of them in the tank, not much of chasing at all. They do sometimes still pick on each other, but it is very short, only last few seconds and no chasing across the tank.

RJ_Archer
Fri Dec 08, 2006, 05:28 AM
thnx guys for the help

Wistrick
Sat Dec 09, 2006, 06:24 PM
I am just a newbie here, but I IME I have had females become aggressive to tank mates when they become breeding age are looking for a mate.